|
12. D Conversation
1: A:
Good evening, Geoff. B:
Hi. A:
Perhaps you could tell me a bit about your background. Where are you from
exactly? B:
Well, I was actually born in 1958 up in the north of England. My parents came to
live in Britain after the war. A:
Sounds great. B:
We moved south to London after that. We were completely broke and I did all
sorts of odd jobs to try and make money. A:
Goodness, how dramatic. B:
But I was lucky. I discovered karate. A:
Ah, how exactly? B:
There was a school trip. Nothing special really, but we went to this sports
centre and I just thought, that's for me. A:
Just like that? B:
Yep. Anyway, I started training. I found myself a Japanese coach and things
just happened. I found it came naturally to me and I worked my way up till I
found myself in Taiwan for the world championships. That was in 1982. A:
And you won? B:
Yeah. Suddenly I was world heavyweight champion. A:
It was great. And you were world champion at that weight five times in all? B:
Yep, that's right. A:
And then you retired? B:
Well, I didn't have much choice. A:
And now you've got other projects on the go all around the country and even
abroad.
B:
Yeah, we're going from strength to strength.
|
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét