Search This Blog



 동백꽃 필 무렵 4

When the Camellia Blooms 4

[KOR-ENG DUAL SUB]


‪[흥미로운 음악]

I LOVE ONLY YOU

‪[한숨]

‪재미나게 사시네

I see she's having a fun life...

‪(종렬) ‪사람 기분 참

That kind of makes me quite annoyed.

‪치사해지게

That kind of makes me quite annoyed.

‪[한숨]

‪[자동차 시동음]

‪[종렬이 안전벨트를 딸깍 잠근다]

‪- 또 오셨네? ‪- 예?

-It's you again. -What?

‪저번에도 왔었죠?

Weren't you here before?

‪(향미) ‪그, 까만 모자 쓰고 얼굴 가리고 ‪이상한 티 입고

You were covering your face with a black hat and wearing a weird T-shirt.

‪저 여기 알바예요

I work here part-time.

‪아, 예

I see. Go on in, then.

‪그럼 들어가 보세요

I see. Go on in, then.

‪어, 그냥 가시게? ‪왜 안 들어가시고?

You're leaving? Don't you want to come in?

‪저기...

Well, don't mind me. Go on in and start your shift.

‪저 신경 쓰지 마시고 출근하세요

Well, don't mind me. Go on in and start your shift.

‪(향미) ‪이상하잖아요

It's just odd, you know.

‪그냥 시원하게 들어가면 손님인데

I'd call you a customer if you just went in.

‪앞에서 쭈뼛대면 둘 중 하나거든요

Those who lurk around fall under two categories.

‪돈 꾸러 왔거나

They're either here to borrow money or because they miss someone.

‪누가 보고 싶어서 왔거나

They're either here to borrow money or because they miss someone.

‪[익살스러운 음악]

‪슈퍼맨이 동백이네 ‪못 들어갈 이유라도 있나 봐?

There must be a reason you can't go into Dongbaek's diner.

‪장사를 참 잘하시네요

You're a skilled saleswoman.

‪아유, 용식 씨, 그, 진짜 막

Yong-sik, do you have any idea

‪사람 골 띵해지게 ‪만드는 거 알아요?

how much you're flustering me?

‪(향미) ‪언니!

Dongbaek.

‪언니, 강종렬 알죠?

Dongbaek. You know Kang Jong-ryeol, right?

‪음, 슈퍼맨이 왜 자꾸 돌아오나 몰라?

I wonder why Superman keeps coming back here.

‪[한숨] ‪[아련한 음악]

‪(용식) ‪어?

‪어...

‪나 이거 못 먹을 거 같은데

I don't think I can finish this.

‪이게 소짜예요

This is the small size.

‪아이, 뭐가 이렇게 똑같아 ‪10년 전이랑

Nothing has changed in the past ten years.

‪[보글거린다]

‪[유쾌한 음악]

‪저기

Excuse me. I asked for another bowl of rice earlier.

‪저 아까부터 ‪공깃밥 하나 더 추가했는데

Excuse me. I asked for another bowl of rice earlier.

‪밥하고 있어요

We're cooking more rice now.

‪[작은 목소리로] ‪돼지야, 뭐야 ‪집에서 밥도 못 먹고 사나?

What a pig. Did he starve for days or what?

‪[어이없는 한숨]

‪[밥공기를 탁 내려놓는다]

‪- 애는? ‪- 뭐?

-Where's the kid? -What?

‪너 애 밥은 주면서 ‪연애하고 다니는 거지?

I hope you feed him, even if you're busy dating.

‪(종렬) ‪다 저녁에 애는 어디다 두고, 쯧

Where is he? It's getting late.

‪[코웃음]

‪[접시를 탁 내려놓는다]

‪너 여덟 살 애 키워 봤어?

Have you ever raised an eight-year-old kid?

‪- 뭐? ‪- 요즘 여덟 살 얼마나 바쁜지 알아?

-What? -Do you know how busy eight-year-olds are?

‪(동백) ‪나 두루치기 팔아서 ‪우리 필구 할 거 다 시켜

I sell stir-fried pork to make sure Pil-gu gets everything he needs.

‪너는 그냥 네 따님이나 들쳐 안고 ‪돌고래 쇼나 보러 다녀

Just go watch dolphin shows with your dear daughter.

‪괜히 무슨 이제 와서 ‪코미디 하지 말고

Don't make a fool of yourself after all these years.

‪너 그거 봐?

You watch that show?

‪내 얼굴도 까먹고 살았다며?

But you said you even forgot my face.

‪아, 무슨 재방을 어지간히 해야지

They air reruns of that show all the time.

‪(동백) ‪아, 뜨거워, 뜨거워, 뜨거...

Ouch, it's so hot!

‪[동백의 아파하는 숨소리] ‪(종렬) ‪괜찮아?

Are you all right? Gosh.

‪아이씨

Are you all right? Gosh.

‪[동백의 한숨] ‪괜찮아

I'm fine.

‪(용식) ‪저...

Excuse me.

‪[익살스러운 효과음]

KANG PIL-GU

‪[신나는 음악이 흘러나온다] ‪[용식의 웃음]

TO HWANG YONG-SIK, BE HAPPY!

‪(용식) ‪아, 강종렬 선수

Mr. Kang.

‪저, 그, 강종렬 선수, 그거

I know all your... What's that word? Chants. I know all the chants.

‪그거 다 알아요, 응원가

I know all your... What's that word? Chants. I know all the chants.

‪응원가 다 알아요, 하나, 둘

I know all your... What's that word? Chants. I know all the chants. One, two. One, two, three, four.

‪원, 투, 스리, 포

One, two. One, two, three, four.

‪[흥얼거리며] ‪빰빠라바라, 종렬, 종렬!

Jong-ryeol, go, Jong-ryeol

‪[용식이 계속 노래한다] ‪(종렬) ‪동백이가

-Score a hit today, Jong-ryeol -Was this Dongbaek's type?

‪이런 캐릭터를 좋아했던가?

-Score a hit today, Jong-ryeol -Was this Dongbaek's type?

‪(용식) ‪종렬! 거봐요, 저 진짜 다 알죠? ‪[용식의 웃음]

Jong-ryeol! -See? I know the whole chant! -Jong-ryeol figured him all out

‪(동백) ‪황용식 씨는 종렬이에게

-See? I know the whole chant! -Jong-ryeol figured him all out

‪첫 만남에 밑장을 다 까였다

at their very first encounter.

‪(용식) ‪거봐요, 제가요, 예?

I told you. I wasn't just saying it to be polite.

‪이, 진짜 예의상이 아니라요

I told you. I wasn't just saying it to be polite.

‪진짜로 이 강종렬 선수!

I'm really your...

‪[기쁜 숨을 내뱉으며] ‪이, 강 선수님 진짜 팬이걸랑요

I'm a huge fan of yours.

‪아, 예

-Right. I can see that. -Yes.

‪- (종렬) 그러신 거 같네요 ‪- (용식) 예

-Right. I can see that. -Yes.

‪(동백) ‪굳이 팬일 것까지야

He's seriously a fan?

‪(용식) ‪아, 동백 씨, 동백 씨도 ‪이 천만종렬 강종렬 아시죠?

Dongbaek. You know Ten Million Kang Jong-ryeol, right?

‪아니요, 저는 야구라면 질색해서 잘...

No, I don't. I hate baseball.

‪(용식) ‪예?

What?

‪아이, 어떻게 그래도 ‪천만종렬을 몰라요?

Still, how could you not know that?

‪- 천만은 뭐야? ‪- (용식) 예?

-What's "Ten Million"? -What?

‪(용식) ‪아, 참, 아, 모르시는구나, 예?

Oh, I guess you ladies really don't know.

‪씁, 저, 이쪽이

He led a crowd of ten million.

‪이, 천만 대군을 ‪이끌었다 해서 '천만종렬'

He led a crowd of ten million. Hence the nickname.

‪한, 한 10년 전인가?

Was that about ten years ago?

‪이 WBC 결승전에서요

At the WBC finals...

‪한일전이다, 한일전이야, 응?

It was Korea versus Japan.

‪WBC 결승, 응? 그, 한일전에서

During the Korea-Japan match at the WBC finals,

‪아니, 그, 이 양반이 ‪그, 2루에서 3루를 안 뛰고

he was standing there all spaced out instead of running

‪그냥 가만히 멍때리고 앉아 가지고

to the third base from the second. We totally lost to Japan because of this guy.

‪그냥 한일전을 말아드셨잖아요 ‪[용식의 웃음]

We totally lost to Japan because of this guy.

‪그러고 나선 단박에

Right after that...

‪아유, 왜 그랬...

My gosh.

‪천만 안티, 응?

He gained ten million anti-fans.

‪그래서 천만종렬!

Hence the nickname, Ten Million Jong-ryeol.

‪거봐요, 저 진짜 다 알죠?

See? I know everything about you.

‪[용식의 웃음] ‪예

Sure.

‪정확히는 8년 전에 그랬죠

Accurately speaking, that was eight years ago.

‪(용식) ‪예?

What?

‪아, 아, 그게 8년 전인가?

Was it eight years ago?

‪[용식의 웃음]

‪가만있어 봐, 응?

Hold on. I heard you went to my elementary school for a year as well.

‪우리 초등학교도 ‪한 1년 당기셨다면서요? 응?

I heard you went to my elementary school for a year as well.

‪아, 이거 학연에다 지연 추가면

We went to the same school, and we're from the same town.

‪아, 이거 뭐 ‪땅콩 서비스 정도야 뭐, 그렇죠? ‪[용식의 웃음]

He should get some peanuts on the house, don't you think?

‪(동백) ‪[헛웃음 치며] ‪누가 준대요? 그거

No, I never offered.

‪아니, 황용식 씨가 왜 ‪남의 집 땅콩에 관여를 하고 그래요?

Who are you to tell me to give him peanuts on the house?

‪어, 관여할 사이는 아니신가 봐요?

I guess you two aren't that close after all.

‪[버벅거린다]

Well...

‪[타이머 작동음]

‪(용식) ‪3초요

Three seconds, okay?

‪[종렬의 어색한 웃음]

CAMELLIA

‪[카메라 셔터음]

‪[용식의 웃음] ‪[문이 스르륵 닫힌다]

‪씁, 아, 저 이거...

Can I use this as my profile photo?

‪그, 프사 해도 돼요?

Can I use this as my profile photo?

‪(종렬) ‪아, 예, 그러시죠, 뭐

Sure, go ahead.

‪(용식) ‪[웃으며] ‪아유, 고마워요

Thank you.

‪[동백의 한숨]

‪(동백) ‪근데 용식 씨

By the way, Yong-sik.

‪용식 씨, 그, 경찰

You didn't join the force with your police exam scores, did you?

‪시험 봐서 된 거 아니죠? 그렇죠?

You didn't join the force with your police exam scores, did you?

‪(용식) ‪그, 충청권 오실 일 있으면요

Please visit us again

‪꼭 한 번, 꼭 한 번 또 들러 주세요 ‪[용식의 웃음]

next time you're in Chungcheong Province.

‪아, 예

All right. You're talking as if you own this place.

‪아, 근데 꼭 주인같이 그러시네요?

All right. You're talking as if you own this place.

‪(용식) ‪아유, 뭐, 진배없죠

My gosh, this is like my business.

‪[용식의 웃음]

‪마음만은요 ‪[용식의 멋쩍은 신음]

I mean, I'd like it to be.

‪[용식의 멋쩍은 숨소리] ‪(종렬) ‪그냥 촌놈이네

He's just a country bumpkin.

‪(종렬) ‪그... ‪[종렬의 옅은 웃음]

‪되게, 뭐라고 해야 되지?

How should I put this?

‪토속적으로 매력 있으신 거 같아요

You seem down-to-earth.

‪(용식) ‪토속적으로요?

"Down-to-earth"?

‪(종렬) ‪예, 뭐, 그냥 좀 ‪수더분하시고 편안하시고

Yes. You seem pretty chill and easygoing.

‪남자들한테 인기도 많으실 거 같고

-Your guy friends must really like you. -Yes, they do.

‪(용식) ‪예, 예 ‪[용식의 쑥스러운 웃음]

-Your guy friends must really like you. -Yes, they do. I think a lot of ladies will find that quality very charming.

‪(동백) ‪그거 여자들한테 좀 ‪치명적일 거 같은데

I think a lot of ladies will find that quality very charming.

‪[아름다운 음악] ‪(용식) ‪'치명적'

"Very charming"?

‪원래 개도 진짜 귀여운 건 ‪똥개랬잖아요

They say mutts lot cuter than purebred dogs.

‪(동백) 사방에 겉만 뻔지르르한 ‪양아치가 널렸는데 ‪[심장 박동 효과음]

In this world full of jerks who have nothing but good looks...

‪촌놈이야말로 속은 알배기지

a down-to-earth bumpkin is a real catch.

‪그거

You're referring to me, right?

‪저 들으라고 하시는 소리죠?

You're referring to me, right?

‪[우아한 음악]

‪[동백의 옅은 한숨]

‪[종렬의 못마땅한 한숨]

‪[동백의 한숨]

THE COUNTRY BOY

‪[풀벌레 울음]

‪(동백) ‪근데 진짜로 저를 출퇴근시키시게요?

Are you serious about escorting me every day?

‪(용식) ‪아니, 그, 출퇴근만이라도 제가

I should at least escort you to and from work every day.

‪전담 마크를 해야죠, 그...

I should at least escort you to and from work every day. As the charming...

‪이, 저기, 치명적인...

As the charming...

‪수, 수, 순경요, 순경으로서요

As a police officer, I mean.

‪(동백) ‪아니, 뭐, 따지고 보면

If you think about it, the words weren't suddenly scribbled there.

‪그 낙서가 ‪갑자기 생긴 것도 아니잖아요

If you think about it, the words weren't suddenly scribbled there.

‪어차피 까불이는 5년 전에도 ‪나는 못 죽였어요

Joker didn't kill me five years ago,

‪근데 지금은 더 못 죽이죠

and it'll be harder to kill me now.

‪(용식) ‪왜요?

Why? Is it because I'm by your side?

‪황용식이가 있으니께요?

Why? Is it because I'm by your side?

‪(동백) ‪아니요

No, because I'm a single mother.

‪아줌마니까요

No, because I'm a single mother.

‪여덟 살 남자애 혼자 키웠으면 ‪말 다 했지, 뭐

It takes determination to raise a boy all by yourself.

‪일대일로 붙어야 되면 ‪내가 까불이 이길 거예요

I'll be able to take on Joker one-on-one.

‪그때도 나는 살았고

I survived the encounter,

‪나 만나고 까불이는 살인도 멈췄잖아요

and Joker quit killing after meeting me.

‪(변 소장) ‪뭐, 흉기? ‪[사이렌이 울린다]

A weapon? One was found at the scene?

‪아, 현장에서 흉기가 나와?

One was found at the scene?

‪(형사) ‪예, 지금 까불이가 ‪자기 흉기를 남기고 간 것도 처음인데

It's the first time Joker left a weapon at the scene,

‪아, 지금 그것만 나온 게 아니에요

but that's not all.

‪(기자1) ‪까불이 범인이 맞습니까?

-Is it Joker? -Is there a note?

‪- (기자2) 이번에도 메모가 나왔나요? ‪- (형사) 생존자

-Is it Joker? -Is there a note? There's a survivor.

‪(기자1) ‪브리핑은 언제 하실 건가요?

There's a survivor. A woman was alive at the scene.

‪(형사) ‪현장에 여자 하나가 살아 있어요

A woman was alive at the scene.

‪(기자2) ‪형사님, 한 말씀 해 주시죠!

Detective, any words? Do you have any prints?

‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다] ‪(기자1) ‪범인의 지문 나왔습니까?

Do you have any prints?

‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다]

‪(형사) ‪지금 현장을 봐도

It's obvious that Joker was startled.

‪얘가 확실히 당황했다니까요?

It's obvious that Joker was startled.

‪아무래도 까불이한테

This woman must've caught him off guard.

‪저 여자가 변수였던 거 같아요

This woman must've caught him off guard.

‪(경찰) ‪가시죠

Can you stand up?

‪[용식의 머뭇거리는 숨소리]

‪(용식) ‪그, 좀 센 척은 하셨어도

You act tough, but I know you're scared.

‪쪼시긴 쪼셨죠?

You act tough, but I know you're scared.

‪(동백) ‪용식 씨 까불이 본 적 있어요?

Have you ever seen Joker?

‪(용식) ‪예?

What?

‪남들은 막 텔레비전에서 ‪보는 까불이를

Others have only seen stuff about Joker on TV,

‪나는 막, 코앞에서 막 ‪기침 소리 막 다 듣고

but I even heard Joker cough right in front of me.

‪아, 안 쫄았다면 개뻥이죠

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

‪하, 지금도 그날 꿈 꾸면 막 골 아프고 ‪막 체하고 그래요

I still get headaches and indigestion when I dream of that day.

‪아씨, 뭐, 꿈도 꾸고 그래요?

You even have dreams about that day?

‪그게 그거예요, 그, 이

Do you know what that is? It's called PTSD.

‪외상 후 스트레스 그거요

Do you know what that is? It's called PTSD.

‪사실은 아까 그 낙서 보는데 ‪막 닭살도 돋고 막 그러더라고요

To be honest, I got goosebumps when I saw the note on the wall.

‪[한숨]

‪(용식) ‪괜히 보여 줬다

I shouldn't have told her.

‪저기, 많이 놀라셨으면

If it alarmed you, why not close the diner for a few days, and...

‪며칠이라도 가게는 좀 쉬시면서요

If it alarmed you, why not close the diner for a few days, and...

‪아, 뭘 쉬어요?

That's not necessary.

‪(동백) ‪그때도 온 동네방네 ‪내가 까불이 목격자란 소문 다 났어도

Back when the entire neighborhood knew that I witnessed Joker,

‪저 5년 동안 ‪가게 문 하루도 안 닫았어요

I didn't close the diner for even a day.

‪미친놈 하나 설친다고 ‪나까지 쫄 게 뭐 있어요

Why should I be scared of some lunatic?

‪'까불이가 나한테 할 수 있는 건 없다'

There's nothing Joker can do to me.

‪'나 건들지 마라'

"You had better stay away."

‪나도 그거 5년 동안 ‪착실하게 보여 주고 있는 거예요

I've been showing Joker that for five years.

‪[부드러운 음악]

‪(용식) ‪씁, 가만 보면 ‪이 동네 사람들 참 얼빵해요

The people of this neighborhood are not so bright, are they?

‪동백 씨 발톱을 모르고 개기기는

They don't see your claws. My claws?

‪발톱요?

My claws?

‪[살짝 웃으며] ‪예

Yes.

‪(용식) ‪원래요, 겁 많은 개들이 짖는 거고요

Dogs that are scared are the ones that bark.

‪그릇이 간장 종지만 한 것들이

Those that are easily scared

‪끄덕허면 파르르르 떨면서 ‪쌈질하는 거잖아요 ‪[용식의 옅은 웃음]

pick fights while trembling with fear.

‪이, 언뜻 보면

At first sight, you may seem like a loser.

‪동백 씨는 이 동네 쭈구리 같아도요

At first sight, you may seem like a loser.

‪사실은 동백 씨는

But truth be told, you are bold and brave.

‪그릇이 대짜예유, 대짜

But truth be told, you are bold and brave.

‪[용식의 옅은 웃음]

‪[옅은 웃음]

‪(동백) ‪아, 저 누구한테 또 대짜란 소린 ‪처음 듣는 거 같은데요?

I don't think I've ever heard that before.

‪[함께 웃는다]

‪(용식) ‪저도요

Even though I've been talking about protecting you,

‪씁, 이, 동백 씨 지킨답시고 ‪설치긴 설치면서도요

Even though I've been talking about protecting you,

‪전 다 알아요

I know better.

‪동백 씨는 누군가가 ‪지켜 줄 여자가 아니다

You're not the kind of woman who needs saving.

‪사실 제가 막 4학년 때까진

Up until I was about 10, I used to beat boys up.

‪남자애도 막 때리고 그랬어요

Up until I was about 10, I used to beat boys up.

‪[용식과 동백의 웃음]

‪(용식) ‪그래서요

Actually, it's what makes you seem

‪사실은

Actually, it's what makes you seem

‪더 섹시하셔요 ‪[용식의 웃음]

sexier.

‪(동백) ‪어유, 미쳤나 봐 ‪[용식의 당황한 신음]

Are you insane? My gosh.

‪[놀라며] ‪어머

Are you insane? My gosh.

‪(용식) ‪어유 ‪[동백의 옅은 웃음]

‪[덜컹 소리가 들린다]

CAMELLIA

‪[한숨 소리가 들린다]

‪[연신 덜컹거린다]

‪[물이 첨벙거린다] ‪(향미) ‪아이, 씨...

‪어휴, 흥식이 불러서 ‪싱크대 뚫는 것도 한두 번이지

I can't just keep calling Heung-sik to unclog the drain.

‪아이씨

How is this any better than being homeless?

‪노숙자도 아니고 이게 뭐냐고

How is this any better than being homeless?

‪씨...

‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪[휴대전화에서 음성이 흘러나온다]

‪[향미의 한숨]

‪[향미의 고민하는 숨소리]

‪동백이한테 나 쪽방 좀 쓴다고 ‪말을 해 봐?

Should I ask Dongbaek if I can occupy a room?

‪[옅은 숨소리]

‪아니다

If she knows that all the deposit she paid is gone,

‪자기가 대 준 보증금 ‪다 까먹었다고 하면

If she knows that all the deposit she paid is gone,

‪암만 동백이라도 쌍욕을 하겠지

even someone like Dongbaek would go nuts.

‪이래서 1억을 언제 당겨?

When will I make 100 million won at this rate?

‪코펜하겐을 언제 가?

When will I be able to go to Copenhagen?

‪[한숨]

‪[음성이 계속 흘러나온다]

‪[음산한 효과음]

‪[무거운 효과음]

‪(향미) ‪나도 스키 타러 가고 싶엉

I want to go skiing, too.

‪난 오빠 존경하는데?

I respect you.

‪(규태) ‪존경?

Respect?

‪존경...

Respect?

‪존경

Respect...

‪이게 뭐야?

What's this?

‪(규태) ‪옹산 게보다 속이 맑은 남자 노규태!

No Gyu-tae, a man with a heart clearer than Ongsan crabs' insides.

‪군민의 리즈를 아는 일꾼 노규태! ‪[무거운 효과음]

I am the people's servant who knows their reeds.

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪[기겁하는 숨소리]

‪니즈

Needs.

‪(규태) ‪아이, 뭐?

What now?

‪(자영) ‪군민의 '리즈'를 알아?

You know the people's "reeds"?

‪군민의 뭐, 리즈 시절이야?

Are you talking about a reed field or what?

‪니즈잖아, 니즈

It's "needs," not "reeds." The public's needs.

‪군민의 요구, 군민의 니즈

The public's needs.

‪리즈 아니고 니즈라고, 니즈

Not reeds, but needs.

‪아이씨...

Damn it.

‪- (자영) 모르면! ‪- (규태) 아, 뭐!

-If you don't know-- -What?

‪그냥 한글을 써!

Just use Korean words. I already told you this.

‪(자영) ‪몇 번을 말해?

Just use Korean words. I already told you this.

‪[짜증 섞인 숨소리]

‪(규태) ‪왜 남의 깨톡을 왜 봐?

Why are you reading my profile anyway?

‪[짜증 섞인 숨소리] ‪[혀를 쯧 찬다]

‪내 프로필을 그러니까 왜 보냐고!

Why read it, darn it?

‪아니, 와이프가 남편 프로필 본 게 ‪[규태가 혀를 쯧 찬다]

As your wife, am I not allowed to read your profile?

‪그게 주먹질할 일이야?

As your wife, am I not allowed to read your profile?

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪이거 오타라고

It's a typo. Needs, okay? I know how to spell it.

‪니즈, 니즈, 알아, 니즈

Needs, okay? I know how to spell it.

‪나 스펠링도 쓸 줄 알아

Needs, okay? I know how to spell it.

‪써 봐!

Spell it then.

‪- 아휴, 아휴 ‪- (자영) 아, 됐고

Whatever. Just correct the word.

‪(자영) ‪빨리 수정이나 해

Whatever. Just correct the word.

‪- 당신 나 존경도 안 하지? ‪- 뭐?

You don't even respect me, do you? What?

‪내가 아주 이 집구석에서는 ‪몸도 마음도 졸아붙어

My own house is a prison for me mentally and physically.

‪풍산 노씨 삼대독자가 끊긴 것도 ‪다 당신 탓이라고, 씨

It's your fault that we were never able to have a son to carry on my bloodline.

‪예, 그러시겠죠

Yes, of course.

‪거진 99%가 그게 ‪장난일 거라고, 그게, 응?

I'm 99 percent sure that it's only a joke.

‪어?

‪이게 뭐여?

-What's this? -What now?

‪(변 소장) ‪아, 왜? 뭐?

-What's this? -What now?

‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪[무거운 효과음]

‪[향미의 하품]

‪(용식) ‪어, 저, 향미 씨, 향미 씨!

Hyang-mi!

‪이거, 이거 향미 씨가 이거 ‪라이터로 이렇게 이렇게 했어요?

Did you burn this off with a lighter?

‪[하품하며] ‪실내 금연이에요

This is a non-smoking zone.

‪- (동백) 소장님! ‪- (변 소장) 어?

Chief?

‪(동백) ‪보시니까 뭐, 아무것도 아니죠? ‪그렇죠?

It's really nothing, right?

‪(변 소장) ‪어? 어...

Oh, right. Joker was almost like a trend back then.

‪(동백) ‪그땐 까불이가 그렇게 ‪거의 유행이었잖아요

Joker was almost like a trend back then.

‪하, 그거 싹 지워 버려야겠어요

I should erase it. It just creeps me out.

‪괜히 기분만 나빠

I should erase it. It just creeps me out.

‪저기, 동백아

Dongbaek,

‪- 혹시 이거 네가... ‪- 아유, 아니래요

-did you-- -It's nothing.

‪[웃으며] ‪아유, 씨, 그, 개뿔도 아니래요

It's nothing at all.

‪[용식의 웃음]

It's better not to get scared by something so frivolous.

‪그, 괜히, 그 ‪신경 쓰셔 가지고요, 막...

It's better not to get scared by something so frivolous.

‪쫄고 막, 아유, 골 아프고

It's better not to get scared by something so frivolous. So don't fret over it.

‪어휴, 이런 거 안 하셔도 돼요

So don't fret over it.

‪[용식의 옅은 웃음]

‪(동백) ‪근데 왜 이렇게 두 분 ‪좀 불편해 보이시지?

Why do you both seem uncomfortable?

‪(용식) ‪예? 어이구 ‪[변 소장이 웅얼거린다]

-What? -Nonsense.

‪어? 뭐, 뭐요

No way.

‪[달달 떠는 소리가 난다]

No way.

‪(동백) ‪우리 필구가 오락실 갔다 온 날

Pil-gu shakes his legs like that after he secretly goes to the arcade.

‪딱 이렇게 다리를 떨고 있던데

Pil-gu shakes his legs like that after he secretly goes to the arcade.

‪- (동백) 왜 그래요, 뭔데요? ‪- (용식) 왜, 왜...

What is it?

‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪[놀라며] ‪이게 왜...

Why is that...

‪(동백) ‪그새... ‪[동백의 당황한 신음]

Why is that...

‪저기, 동백아

Dongbaek...

‪밖의 CCTV 되는 거지?

the security camera outside works, right?

‪(변 소장) ‪그럼 하룻밤 새 누가 들어와서

So someone came in the night

‪딱 거기만 지져 놨다는 거 아니여?

and burned off that memo?

‪씁

‪자기가 까불이가 아니고서야 ‪왜 그런 미친 짓을 햐?

Would anyone but Joker be crazy enough to do this?

‪(용식) ‪저기, 일단은 경거망동하지 말고요

Let's not jump to conclusions

‪이, CCTV 영상부터 확보를 해요

and check the security footage first.

‪작전 개념 있게 움직이되

We'll move strategically

‪동백 씨 안전을 ‪최우선으로 생각해야 된다고요

while considering Dongbaek's safety as a priority. When did you become the Chief?

‪- 네가 소장이여? ‪- 아이, 까불이가 기든 아니든 간에

When did you become the Chief? Whether it's really Joker or not,

‪아, 그, 왜 남의 가게에 ‪침입을 하냐고요, 침입을!

someone broke into her diner.

‪근데 네가 왜 나대?

Why are you getting worked up?

‪마! 너 영심이네는 가 봤어?

Have you been to Yeong-sim's place? Enough with Yeong-sim already!

‪어유, 야! 좀 그놈의 좀 ‪영심이, 영심이, 영심이! 좀

Enough with Yeong-sim already!

‪너 시방

Did you just yell at your chief?

‪이 소장한테 성낸 겨?

Did you just yell at your chief?

‪인마, 이거 하극상으로 봐도 ‪무, 무, 무방햐! 쯧

You're really being disrespectful!

‪아이, 소장님!

Sir, you're a police chief. How can you have such a big mouth?

‪아, 소장님은 소장님이나 돼 가지고

Sir, you're a police chief. How can you have such a big mouth?

‪아, 뭐 이렇게 입은 싸요, 예?

Sir, you're a police chief. How can you have such a big mouth?

‪'그냥 아무것도 아니야' 하고 ‪말면 되지

You could've said it was nothing,

‪뭘 그, 동백 씨 앞에서 ‪CCTV까지 찾고 앉았고, 이...

but you just had to ask her about the security cameras.

‪그려

Fine.

‪[변 소장이 입소리를 쩝 낸다]

‪[용식의 한숨] ‪너만 속 있고

You're the only one who cares and is competent.

‪너만 잘났다, 그래

You're the only one who cares and is competent.

‪어유, 그냥

Unbelievable.

‪내가 그냥 겨우 기 좀 살려 놓으면

I barely built her confidence up again,

‪애를 겁먹이고 쫄게 하고, 씨, 쯧

but you just had to scare her.

‪[용식의 못마땅한 숨소리] ‪너 말이여

You...

‪아니, 거, 왜 사슴 눈깔에다가 ‪겁을 먹이냐고요, 겁을!

Why scare someone with doe eyes?

‪[흥미로운 음악] ‪사슴 눈깔?

Doe eyes?

‪아, 대한민국, 예?

Korea is a constitutional state, you know.

‪법치 국가에서, 예?

Korea is a constitutional state, you know.

‪누구라도 쫄지 아니하고, 응?

Everyone has the right

‪이 두, 두루치기 한 판 팔 수 있을 ‪권리가 있는 거 아니냐고요?

to sell stir-fried pork without having to feel threatened.

‪뭐요?

What is it?

‪너 말이여

You...

‪아유, 알려면 알고 ‪아유, 맞아요, 맞아요

What? Okay, fine. You're right.

‪(변 소장) ‪카, 이 새끼 ‪[용식의 한숨]

Gosh, look at you.

‪이야, 새끼, 어?

Gosh, look at you.

‪아, 나, 이 새끼 ‪[변 소장이 키득거린다]

Unbelievable.

‪경찰 다 됐다, 인마, 어? ‪[변 소장의 옅은 웃음]

You're finally a true police officer. Look at your sense of duty!

‪아주 그냥 사명감이, 어!

Look at your sense of duty!

‪[변 소장의 웃음] ‪[용식의 깊은 한숨] ‪사슴 눈깔

Doe eyes...

‪(변 소장) ‪[연신 웃으며] ‪사슴 눈깔

Doe eyes... Doe eyes? Chief,

‪저기, 저, 소장님

Chief,

‪그, 경찰을 ‪시험을 봐서 되신 건 아니죠?

you didn't join the force with your police exam scores, did you?

‪[깊은 한숨]

‪치

‪자기가 까불면 뭐, 나는 가만히 있나?

I'm not just going to sit back if he attacks me.

‪언니 안 쫄았어요?

Aren't you scared?

‪나는 대짜인데?

No, I'm brave.

‪나는 그릇이 대짜인데 내가 왜 쫄아?

I'm brave, so why would I be scared?

‪[휴대전화 음악 소리] ‪(향미) ‪언니는 어쩔 때 보면

You really have balls, don't you?

‪은근 깡이 좋아요

You really have balls, don't you?

‪너도 애를 낳아 봐라

You'll understand once you have kids.

‪진짜 무서운 건 까불이가 아니라

Your child's tuition

‪우리 애 학원비가 될 테니까

is scarier than some killer.

‪[한숨]

‪(필구) ‪엄마, 이제 가자

Mom, let's go.

‪너 왜 밥을 먹다 말아?

But you're not done eating.

‪(동백) ‪너 왜 요즘 이렇게 밥을 남기고 그래?

Why don't you eat as much as you used to?

‪어?

‪(승엽) ‪첫째 날은 피곤하니께 ‪방에 가서 바로 잘 거고

You'll be tired the first day, so you'll go to bed right away.

‪둘째 날은 칭다오 초등학교랑 ‪친선 경기를 할 거여

The next day, we'll have a friendly match with Qingdao Elementary School.

‪그다음 날은 놀이공원에 갈 거야, 응

And the next day, we're off to an amusement park.

‪[아이들의 환호성]

ONGSAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

‪[승엽의 만류하는 신음]

ONGSAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

‪떠들면 안 데리고 갈 겨, 알겄어?

Be too chatty, and it's off the table, got it? -Yes. -Yes.

‪(아이들) ‪네

-Yes. -Yes. -Answer me louder! -Yes!

‪(승엽) ‪대답 크게!

-Answer me louder! -Yes!

‪(아이들) ‪네!

-Answer me louder! -Yes! Now, enjoy your snacks.

‪(승엽) ‪자, 먹는다, 실시!

Now, enjoy your snacks.

‪[새가 지저귄다]

‪[종렬의 헛기침]

‪(종렬) ‪야, 넌 중국 안 간다며?

I hear you're not going to China with the others.

‪왜 안 가냐?

Why not?

‪(필구) ‪가기 싫으니까요

I don't want to.

‪왜?

Why not?

‪전지훈련 안 가도

Even without the off-season training,

‪어차피 야구는

I'm still better at baseball than Jong-gu in the fourth grade.

‪내가 4학년 종구 형보다 잘해요

I'm still better at baseball than Jong-gu in the fourth grade.

‪그래?

Really? You're better than Jong-gu?

‪네가 종구보다 잘해?

Really? You're better than Jong-gu?

‪다 나보고 야구 센스는 타고났대요

Everyone tells me that I was born a star.

‪[아련한 음악]

‪[헛기침]

‪[입소리를 쩝 낸다] ‪(필구) ‪어차피 훈련도 아니고

Besides, it's not even training.

‪쟤들 그냥 놀러 가는 거예요

They're off to have fun.

‪(종렬) ‪아이, 그, 칭다오 가서 ‪놀다 오면 좋잖아

Going to Qingdao will be nice.

‪그, 양고기도 먹고 놀이공원도 가고

Going to Qingdao will be nice. You'll eat lamb steaks and go to an amusement park.

‪48만 원이면

Well, 480,000 won

‪한국에서도 양고기 먹고

is enough to enjoy

‪씨, 놀이공원 가고 다 해요

all of that here.

‪48만 원이면

With 480,000 won,

‪오락을 천 번, 백 번 하고요

I can play 1,000 games at the arcade

‪거의 미국도 가고요

and maybe even visit the US.

‪두루치기를 거의 48개 안 팔아도 돼요

My mom wouldn't have to sell 48 dishes of stir-fried pork.

‪[착잡한 한숨]

‪아, 진짜 미치겠네

-Are you kidding me? -Losers.

‪촌스럽게

-Are you kidding me? -Losers.

‪근데 전지훈련은 왜 가?

Who goes to training camps anyway?

‪왜 다 가?

Why is everyone going?

‪아이, 잠깐만, 너 그러니까 지금

Are you saying that you won't go

‪그...

Are you saying that you won't go

‪48만 원 때문에 거기 안 간다는 거야?

because it costs 480,000 won?

‪가는 애들이 촌놈들이지

Those who are going are losers.

‪난 절대 안 가요, 절대

I'll never be one of them.

‪[종렬의 착잡한 한숨]

‪(종렬) ‪야, 너 밥은 먹고 다니냐?

Don't tell me you starve yourself, too.

‪[유쾌한 음악] ‪(기자1) ‪군수님, 이쪽 좀 봐 주세요

Sir, could you look this way?

‪[카메라 셔터음이 연신 울린다] ‪(기자2) ‪활짝 웃어 주세요

Please smile.

‪(기자1) ‪여기도 부탁드립니다

-Sure. -This way, please.

‪- (기자4) 이쪽도 한번 봐 주세요 ‪- (기자2) 예, 한번 웃어 주시고요

-Can you look this way too? -Looking good.

‪- (기자1) 예, 좋습니다 ‪- (기자4) 여기도 한번 봐 주세요

-Can you look this way too? -Looking good. This way too, sir.

‪(기자2) ‪크게 웃어 주세요 ‪[저마다 웃으며 대화한다]

Could we get a big smile? Great.

‪(기자1) ‪아, 좋습니다

Could we get a big smile? Great.

‪(기자1) ‪한번 환하게 웃어 주세요, 좋습니다

Can we get another smile? Thank you.

‪[규태의 웃음]

‪[기자들이 계속 말한다] ‪(규태) ‪저쪽, 저쪽 카메라 먼저 보시고, 예

Let's look at that camera.

‪[군수의 어색한 웃음]

‪- (규태) 자연스럽게 ‪- (기자1) 한번 환하게 웃어 주세요

-Be natural, please. -Smile! Sure thing.

‪(규태) ‪예, 예 ‪[규태의 웃음]

Sure thing. ONGSAN VOLUNTEER CLUB

‪(기자4) ‪네, 한 번 더 크게 웃어 주세요

-Can we get another big smile? -Sure thing.

‪(규태) ‪예, 크게 한번 웃을게요 ‪자, 아유, 읏차!

-Can we get another big smile? -Sure thing.

‪[사람들의 호응하는 신음]

‪[규태가 중얼거린다]

-All right. -That's nice.

‪[규태의 웃음] ‪(지역 유지) ‪아, 최고, 최고

-All right. -That's nice.

‪(규태) ‪군수님 최고, 아이, 최고

Right. He's the best.

‪[규태가 계속 말한다] ‪(보좌관1) ‪아이, 쟤 왜 저러냐, 진짜?

Right. He's the best. Why the hell is he doing this?

‪(보좌관2) ‪공천 한번 받아 보겠다고 저러지

He wants to be nominated as a candidate, that's why.

‪(규태) ‪아, 수고 많으십니다, 예

You're all doing great.

‪[기가 찬 숨소리]

‪아이, 내가 술 취했어?

Was I drunk? Am I that old?

‪(군수) ‪아니, 뭐, 늙은이여?

Was I drunk? Am I that old?

‪아이, 왜 멀쩡한 사람을 ‪들쳐 업고 그...

I didn't ask you to carry me like that.

‪나 참...

Unbelievable.

‪저는 그저 순수한 충심으로다가 ‪저...

I was just being a loyal member, sir.

‪당신 그, 카메라 있어서 그랬지?

I bet it was for the camera.

‪[멋쩍게 웃으며] ‪아니요, 아이, 꼭 그렇다기보다는요

Not exactly, sir.

‪아니면, 나랑 뭐, 이렇게 ‪친한 척하고 그러면

Making it seem like we're close

‪(군수) ‪누가 공천을 준디야?

won't get you a nomination.

‪내 코가 석 자여, 이 양반아

I'm busy looking out for myself.

‪저기, 저, 제가 전부터 그

I've been meaning to invite a masu salmon place to you.

‪송어 한번 모시러 간다, 간다 하고요

I've been meaning to invite a masu salmon place to you. I only take my close friends there,

‪그, 측근들만 가는 데인데

I only take my close friends there,

‪- 그, 회랑 매운탕도 나오시고... ‪- 송어가 군수여?

and it serves sushi as well as stew-- You're so ridiculous.

‪아니, 송어를 왜 모시고

Why would you invite a masu salmon place to me?

‪거기서 매운탕이 왜 나오셔?

Why would you invite a masu salmon place to me?

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪(군수) ‪참...

How do you expect to do politics when you can barely speak proper Korean?

‪한글도 제대로 모르면서 ‪무슨 정치를 한다고 그랴?

How do you expect to do politics when you can barely speak proper Korean?

‪[군수의 기가 찬 숨소리]

‪아이고, 쯧

‪변호사랑은 어떻게 사나 몰라

How you married a lawyer is beyond me.

‪[군수의 어이없는 숨소리] ‪[차창이 스르륵 올라간다]

How you married a lawyer is beyond me.

‪가! ‪[자동차 시동음]

Let's go.

‪(규태) ‪죄송합니다

I'm sorry, sir. Jeez, must I endure this humiliation?

‪[작은 목소리로] ‪하, 내가 진짜 이러고 ‪살아야 되냐, 진짜

I'm sorry, sir. Jeez, must I endure this humiliation?

‪어휴, 진짜

Gosh, I just made a small mistake.

‪매운탕이 나오실 수도 있지

Gosh, I just made a small mistake.

‪그, 젊은 애들 앞에서 무안하게

A true leader would never humiliate people in public like that.

‪그, 씨, 고위층이란 사람이

A true leader would never humiliate people in public like that.

‪내가 이래서 정치를 하려 ‪그러는 거라고, 내가

This is exactly why I want to get political power.

‪내가 진짜, 아휴

This is exactly why I want to get political power.

‪[규태의 한숨]

Shit.

‪어유, 씨...

Shit.

‪어유, 씨, 쯧

Damn it.

‪싫어요

No, I'd rather not show you.

‪난 안 보여 줄래요

No, I'd rather not show you.

‪군수한테 뺨 맞고 ‪왜 여기 와서 센 척을 햐?

I know you were humiliated, but don't take it out on us.

‪나는 무조건 안 보여 줘

I'll never show you.

‪(변 소장) ‪하이고, 참

Come on.

‪아이, 괜히 또 왜 그러셔?

There's no need for this.

‪이거는 공권력의 ‪사유 재산 침해지, 응?

You're abusing government authority to invade my property.

‪내가 왜 내 건물 CCTV를 ‪까 줘야 돼요?

Why must I show you my building's security footage? Do you have an arrest warrant?

‪뭐, 구속 영장 가져왔어?

Do you have an arrest warrant?

‪[용식의 어이없는 숨소리]

Do you have an arrest warrant? Do you want to be arrested?

‪아, 뭐, 구속되고 싶으셔요? 예?

Do you want to be arrested?

‪아, 구속을 왜 햐, 구속을?

Why would we arrest you?

‪아유, 뭘 알아야 면장을 하지, 아휴

Jeez, it's like talking to a wall.

‪내가 면장을 왜 못 해?

What do you mean? There's no wall here.

‪면장은 하고도 남아!

What do you mean? There's no wall here. I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Unbelievable.

‪그 면장이 아니고...

I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Unbelievable.

‪아유, 아유

I didn't mean it in the literal sense. Unbelievable.

‪- (변 소장) 야, 넌 가 ‪- (용식) 쯧

Get going, will you? Just wait over there.

‪(변 소장) ‪너 가, 저짝 가 있어!

Get going, will you? Just wait over there.

‪아유, 하여튼 기냥 ‪나랑 안 맞아, 기냥, 어유, 어유

He's someone I'll never get along with.

‪어유, 치, 쯧

‪왜요? 뭐, 골목에 도둑이라도 들었대?

Why? Did someone get mugged on the street?

‪(변 소장) ‪아이, 저

No, it looks like someone broke into Camellia.

‪- 이 까멜리아에 ‪- (규태) 응

No, it looks like someone broke into Camellia.

‪누가 좀 침입을 한 거 같아서요

No, it looks like someone broke into Camellia.

‪(변 소장) ‪아이, 뭐, 셔터 내린 뒤에 ‪누가 들어온 거라

They broke in after the place was closed,

‪동백이는 괜찮긴 한디

so Dongbaek is fine.

‪그, 저...

Well, you know...

‪저기는요?

-what about... -Nothing was really stolen, either.

‪아, 뭐, 재산 피해도 딱히 없긴 해요

-what about... -Nothing was really stolen, either.

‪아니, 아니, 그

No, not that. You know.

‪저기

No, not that. You know.

‪향미는요?

What about Hyang-mi?

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪응? 뭐, 거, 뭐, 동백이만 사람인가?

Do you only care about whether Dongbaek is okay?

‪아이, 뭐, 향미야 말짱하죠

She's completely fine.

‪아, 저, 긍께, 잉?

So can you give us the security footage?

‪저, CCTV 좀, 잉?

So can you give us the security footage?

‪그래도 그건 못 보여 준다니까?

I still can't show you that.

‪(변 소장) ‪아이

Come on, don't be so stubborn. You're going to show it to us anyway.

‪아이, 또, 또, 그, 괜히 또 어깃장이셔

Come on, don't be so stubborn. You're going to show it to us anyway.

‪보여 주실 거면서

Come on, don't be so stubborn. You're going to show it to us anyway.

‪아니, 저기

I mean,

‪그게...

you know.

‪음...

‪그거 페이크예요

It's a fake.

‪예? ‪[용식의 기가 찬 숨소리]

What?

‪아이, 뭐, 그런 시장통에

There's no reason to put up a security camera on such a street.

‪굳이 CCTV를 달아 둘 ‪이유가 뭐가 있어?

There's no reason to put up a security camera on such a street.

‪그냥 이게 가짜로 요렇게 ‪달아만 놓은 거예요

We just put up a fake camera.

‪(용식) ‪아이, 진짜 소장님, 예?

Gosh, Chief Byeon. Do we have to continue to talk to a guy like him as officers?

‪아, 우리 공무원이 이따우 종자랑 ‪계속 말을 섞어야 돼요?

Gosh, Chief Byeon. Do we have to continue to talk to a guy like him as officers?

‪이따우 종자? 어?

"A guy like him"? What's wrong with me?

‪내 종자가 어때서? ‪당신이 뭔데 내 종자를 논해?

"A guy like him"? What's wrong with me? Who are you to judge me?

‪아, 뭔 인생이 기냥 다 페이크냐고!

Is your life nothing but fake?

‪페이크라도 이게!

It may be a fake, but it's effective.

‪효과가 있어!

It may be a fake, but it's effective.

‪(승엽) ‪빵, 우유 사 줘, 꽃등심 사 줘

He bought bread, milk, and ribeye. So you need to stop writing

‪그니께 너희들 앞으로 인터넷에

So you need to stop writing

‪강종렬 악플 같은 거, 어 ‪달지들 말라고, 알겄지?

malicious comments about Kang Jong-ryeol on the internet, okay? -Yes. -Yes.

‪(아이들) ‪네

-Yes. -Yes. -Louder! -Yes!

‪(승엽) ‪대답 크게!

-Louder! -Yes!

‪[아이들이 크게 대답한다] ‪(종렬) ‪아이, 강필구

-Louder! -Yes! -Good. -Do you like ribeye?

‪- (승엽) 그려 ‪- (종렬) 너 꽃등심 좋아하냐고, 어?

-Good. -Do you like ribeye?

‪(필구) ‪아, 왜 자꾸 나한테만 말 걸어요? ‪집중 안 되게

Why do you keep talking to me? I can't focus. Do you know how expensive it is?

‪야, 꽃등심이 얼마나 비싼데

Do you know how expensive it is? I need to know if you like it at the very least.

‪네 취향인지 정도는 ‪내가 알아야 될 거 아니야

I need to know if you like it at the very least.

‪사 주시는 거예요?

Are you going to pay?

‪아휴, 그럼 뭐, 뭐, 내가 뭐 ‪너보고 사라고 할까 봐?

Then what? Did you think I would make you pay?

‪[휴대전화 게임 소리가 요란하다]

‪그럼 전 등심 말고요

Then instead of ribeye...

‪[유쾌한 음악]

‪아이, 무슨 애가 게장을 좋아하냐?

I can't believe a kid like you loves marinated crabs.

‪내가 맨날 공짜로 먹는데

I always eat there for free.

‪할머니가 욕은 잘해도 사람은 착해요

The grandma swears a lot, but she's a nice lady.

‪(종렬) ‪치

‪(용식) ‪이 동네 순경이 말이여, 응?

A constable isn't someone who figures out the parent dogs of someone's puppies.

‪이, 남의 집 누렁이 호적에나 ‪관여를 하고 말이여

A constable isn't someone who figures out the parent dogs of someone's puppies.

‪영심이가 너 하도 안 와서 ‪[용식의 질색하는 신음]

Yeong-sim is determined to kill you because you never came around.

‪아주 보믄 죽인디야

Yeong-sim is determined to kill you because you never came around.

‪아유, 이 점심시간에 ‪식당에 붙들려 갖고

Gosh, sitting around peeling garlic during lunchtime

‪이, 마늘이나 까고 앉아서 ‪그럴 자리가 아니라고, 이게 ‪[문이 스르륵 여닫힌다]

Gosh, sitting around peeling garlic during lunchtime isn't in my job description.

‪[용식의 질색하는 신음]

Ms. Kwak, I brought all these customers here.

‪(필구) ‪할머니! 이거 다 ‪내가 끌고 온 손님이에요

Ms. Kwak, I brought all these customers here.

‪- (필구) 내가, 내가 ‪- (덕순) 아이

-I brought them. -What's going on?

‪(덕순) ‪이게 다 뭔 일이래?

-I brought them. -What's going on?

‪아이고, 강 선수!

Goodness, Mr. Kang. What brings you here?

‪[종렬의 어색한 신음] ‪강 선수께서 어떻게 여기를

Goodness, Mr. Kang. What brings you here?

‪- (종렬) 아, 예 ‪- (용식) 아유, 엄마, 강 선수

-Goodness, we meet again. -Mr. Kang.

‪- 여, 여기서 또 뵙네요? ‪- 예, 예!

-Goodness, we meet again. -Mr. Kang. Yes.

‪(필구) ‪내가 이 아저씨 데려온 거예요

I brought him here. Ms. Kwak, get his autograph and put it on the wall.

‪할머니, 사인 받아서 걸어 놔요

I brought him here. Ms. Kwak, get his autograph and put it on the wall.

‪[덕순이 대답한다] ‪[용식의 웃음]

-All right. -Ms. Kwak, I'm here too.

‪엄니, 저도 왔어유

-All right. -Ms. Kwak, I'm here too.

‪어이, 양승엽이

Seung-yeop. Why do you drag around kids in a huge group?

‪너 왜 애들을 이렇게 ‪단체로 끌고 댕겨?

Seung-yeop. Why do you drag around kids in a huge group? Are you the Pied Piper?

‪너 뭐, 피리 부는 사나이여?

Are you the Pied Piper?

‪(승엽) ‪많이 먹어, 응

Eat up.

‪(용식) ‪먹어

Eat up.

‪[용식의 만족스러운 신음]

‪응, 응, 필구, 자, 응

Pil-gu, here. Eat up.

‪많이 먹어

Pil-gu, here. Eat up.

‪[용식의 옅은 웃음]

‪아유, 왜 굳이 여기 끼셔 가지고

Why did you join us here?

‪아, 제 거는 제가 낼 건데요?

I'm going to pay for my food.

‪그 뭐, 순찰이라도 도셔야 ‪되는 거 아니에요?

Shouldn't you be out on patrol or something?

‪[웃으며] ‪아, 경찰도 밥은 먹어야죠

Police officers have to eat, too.

‪그렇죠

Right, you should eat.

‪식사는 하셔야죠

Right, you should eat.

‪그리고 저기 ‪[용식의 헛기침]

And I'm the restaurant owner's son.

‪저 이 가게의 아들인데요?

And I'm the restaurant owner's son.

‪아

-I'm the restaurant's... -Do you want soda?

‪- (용식) 이 업장의, 그, 뭐지? 그... ‪- (종렬) 사이다 시켜 줄까?

-I'm the restaurant's... -Do you want soda?

‪- (필구) 음, 아니요 ‪- (용식) 아, 상속자

-No. -...successor. I'm the successor.

‪상속자거든요 ‪[용식의 웃음]

-No. -...successor. I'm the successor.

‪- (용식) 형들하고 N빵이기는 혀도 ‪- (종렬) 아, 예

-But I have to split it with my brothers. -I see.

‪너 그, 당근 안 먹냐?

You don't like carrots?

‪네

No.

‪너 혹시 그, 오이도 안 먹니?

Wait, do you not eat cucumbers either?

‪어떻게 알아요?

How did you know?

‪[유쾌한 음악] ‪[젓가락을 탁 내려놓는다]

‪인마!

Hey, you need to eat everything to grow taller.

‪너 인마, 그, 골고루 먹어야 ‪키가 크는 겨, 어?

Hey, you need to eat everything to grow taller.

‪너 봐 봐, 너 이렇게 편식하니까 ‪봐 봐, 응?

See? You're the smallest one here because you're a picky eater.

‪네가 제일 작잖여

See? You're the smallest one here because you're a picky eater.

‪얜 늦게 클 거예요

He'll grow later on.

‪고등학교 가면서부터 ‪180으로 치고 나가요

He'll become at least 180cm once he hits high school.

‪[용식의 어이없는 웃음]

‪아이, 그거를 ‪강 선수께서 어떻게 아셔요?

How do you know that, Mr. Kang?

‪그냥, 늦게 크는 애들도 있다고요, 예

I just meant that some kids grow up slowly.

‪아, 뭐, 그, 뭐, 밥 더 드려요?

Do you want more rice?

‪(종렬) ‪아니요

No, I'll eat his food.

‪이거 먹죠, 뭐

No, I'll eat his food.

‪너 밥 그만 먹는댔지?

-Did you say you're done? -Yes.

‪- (필구) 네 ‪- (종렬) 응

-Did you say you're done? -Yes.

‪(용식) ‪아니, 거...

Wait, that's...

‪암만 애 밥이라도 참...

I know it's a kid's food...

‪[멋쩍은 웃음]

‪털털하시네

but you're really easygoing.

‪야구부는 훈련하느라 ‪수학여행도 못 갔고

The baseball club couldn't go on the school trip because of training.

‪말이 전지훈련이지, 그냥, 뭐

We call it an off-season training, but it's more like a trip for the kids.

‪애들 콧바람이나 쐐 주는 거죠, 뭐, 응

We call it an off-season training, but it's more like a trip for the kids.

‪[승엽이 입소리를 쩝 낸다] ‪저희 그, 애들 전지훈련요

Why don't you send all of them to the off-season training?

‪전원 다 보내죠 ‪훈련비는 제가 다 대겠습니다

Why don't you send all of them to the off-season training? I'll cover the cost.

‪(승엽) ‪예, 예? 왜...

Wait, what? Why?

‪왜?

Wait, what? Why?

‪아이, 뭐, 그냥

You know, it's kind of like giving a scholarship.

‪장학금 조로 생각해 주세요, 예, 예

You know, it's kind of like giving a scholarship. I knew it. Your alma mater is the best place to go back for votes.

‪(승엽) ‪역시, 음, 역시!

I knew it. Your alma mater is the best place to go back for votes.

‪이 모교가 표밭이여, 어

I knew it. Your alma mater is the best place to go back for votes.

‪(필구) ‪왜 괜히 가방은 들어 준다 그래요?

Why did you offer to carry my bag?

‪(용식) ‪어? 아, 그

What?

‪나도 핑계 김에 가는 거니께 ‪신경 쓰지 말아

I'm just making an excuse to go there, so don't mind me.

‪씁, 저, 필구야

Pil-gu, do you bat left-handed?

‪너 혹시 왼손 타자니?

Pil-gu, do you bat left-handed?

‪엄마!

Mom!

‪어, 엄마 ‪[동백의 반가운 신음]

Mom! I'm going to China.

‪[동백의 놀라는 신음] ‪엄마, 나 중국 가

Mom! I'm going to China.

‪뭐?

-What? -They'll let all of us go on scholarship.

‪장학금으로 전부 보내 준대

-What? -They'll let all of us go on scholarship.

‪그래서 나도 가, 완전 대박이야

So I can go, too. This is amazing.

‪그 전지훈련?

The off-season training?

‪(필구) ‪어, 어제까지도

Yes, Ho-jun in the fourth grade and I were the only ones who couldn't go,

‪나랑 4학년 호준이 형만 ‪못 가는 거였는데

Yes, Ho-jun in the fourth grade and I were the only ones who couldn't go,

‪우리도 다 가

but we can go, too.

‪그래 가지고 놀이공원도 가고 ‪양고기도 먹고

We're going to go to an amusement park and have lamb, too.

‪[웃으며] ‪또 뭐였지?

What else would we do?

‪필구 너 거기 가고 싶었어?

Pil-gu, did you want to go?

‪아, 당연하지, 비행기도 타는데

-Of course. I'll even ride a plane. -Then why did you say you weren't going?

‪근데 왜 안 간다 그랬어?

-Of course. I'll even ride a plane. -Then why did you say you weren't going?

‪그거 48만 원이야 ‪엄마 돈 없잖아

It costs 480,000 won, and you have no money.

‪[아련한 음악] ‪엄마가 돈이 왜 없어?

-Of course I do. -You always say,

‪엄마가 맨날 그러잖아

-Of course I do. -You always say,

‪먹고 죽으려도 돈이 없어서 ‪딱 죽고 싶다고 했잖아

"I don't have any money at all."

‪그건 그냥 하는 소리지

I didn't really mean that.

‪야, 무슨 여덟 살이 ‪그런 걸 걱정해? 얘는 진짜

You don't have to worry about that at the age of eight.

‪강종렬 그 아저씨 진짜 미쳤나 봐

That Kang Jong-ryeol guy must be insane.

‪- (동백) 응? ‪- 돈을 다 대 준대

-What? -He's covering the whole cost.

‪[멋쩍은 숨소리]

‪[한숨]

‪어휴

‪내가 도와준댔지

I said I'll help out, not do the whole thing by myself.

‪독박 쓴댔나?

I said I'll help out, not do the whole thing by myself.

‪후...

‪아휴

‪아, 거기다 담지 마요

Don't put it in there.

‪언니, 이 김치 통 베프네 거죠?

Dongbaek, isn't this container your best friend's?

‪어, 이따 가져가려고 내놓은 거야

Yes, I left it there to take it back to her.

‪아, 이, 동백 씨가

Dongbaek must have a friend in the neighborhood.

‪동네에 친구는 있으신가 봐요?

Dongbaek must have a friend in the neighborhood.

‪있죠, 이 동네에서 제일 센 언니

She does. The toughest woman in the neighborhood.

‪아, 씁, 왠지 든든하네요

She sounds dependable.

‪[웃음]

‪[필구가 흥얼거린다]

‪[동백의 옅은 웃음]

‪(동백) ‪필구야, 좋아?

Pil-gu, are you that happy?

‪다 틀리면서도 막 콧노래를 하네?

You're getting everything wrong, yet you're humming.

‪(필구) ‪어

Yes, I don't even have to play games at the arcade.

‪오락을 안 해도 배가 부를 거 같아

Yes, I don't even have to play games at the arcade.

‪필구야

Pil-gu, you can go to the arcade.

‪그냥 오락실에 가

Pil-gu, you can go to the arcade. I'll let you go three times in a month.

‪엄마가 한 달에 세 번은 허락해 줄게

I'll let you go three times in a month.

‪내가 공짜로 중국 가니까 ‪엄마도 기분이 좋구나?

Are you also happy that I'm going to China for free?

‪아니, 엄마는 기분이 구려

No, it feels awful.

‪왜?

Why?

‪나는 그냥 네가 오락실이나 가고

I want you to just think about ditching your academy and going to the arcade.

‪학원 땡깔 궁리나 했으면 좋겠어

ditching your academy and going to the arcade.

‪엄마가 두루치기를 ‪몇 개를 팔아야 48만 원인지

I don't want you to think about how many pork dishes I have to sell to make 480,000 won.

‪그런 거는 생각 안 했으면 좋겠어

how many pork dishes I have to sell to make 480,000 won.

‪[필구의 한숨]

‪[동백이 입소리를 쩝 낸다]

‪아니, 키가 140도 안 되는 게 ‪벌써 어른이 되면

If you become all grown-up when you aren't even 140cm tall,

‪내가 너무 미안하잖아, 그렇지?

I would feel guilty, wouldn't I?

‪아니, 근데 이 많은 무를 ‪언제 다 썰어?

When am I going to slice all of the radish?

‪아, 이놈의 동네는 ‪뭐, 김장이 배틀이여?

Do you all battle to see how much kimchi you can make?

‪누가 다 먹는다고, 이씨, 쯧

Who's going to eat all this?

‪(덕순) ‪한 통씩 노나 먹으면 금방 땡이지 ‪[용식의 못마땅한 한숨]

If we share a box each, it'll be gone in no time. Sharing your kimchi with everyone is the fun in making kimchi.

‪원래 김치는 집집이 나눠 먹는 재미여

Sharing your kimchi with everyone is the fun in making kimchi.

‪그...

If you're going to share, share it with everyone.

‪나눠 줄 거면

If you're going to share, share it with everyone.

‪[무를 탁 썰면서] ‪공평하게 햐

If you're going to share, share it with everyone.

‪어디 하나 이렇게 왕따시키지 말고

Don't leave out the outcasts.

‪왕따를 왜 줘? 난 싫은 놈은 안 줘

Why would I give it to an outcast? I don't give any to people I hate.

‪나한테 찍힌 놈들은 안 줘

I won't give it to people who got on my bad side.

‪이거는 큰성네 주고 이거는 작은놈

That's for your eldest brother, that's for your second brother,

‪이거는 내 베프 주고

and that's for my bestie.

‪[웃음]

and that's for my bestie.

‪아이, 뭐, 베프?

Your bestie? You have a bestie?

‪엄마 뭐, 그런 것도 있어?

Your bestie? You have a bestie?

‪왜? 나는 뭐

Why? Am I not allowed to have a best friend?

‪베스트 프렌드 좀 있으면 안 돼야?

Why? Am I not allowed to have a best friend?

‪참, 이 동네 베프 좋아하네

Gosh, this town loves to have besties.

‪뭐, 뭐, 어디 뭐, 떡집?

Who? The lady at the rice cake place?

‪[김치 통이 탁 잠긴다]

DONGBAEK

‪동백이 ‪[용식이 무를 탁 썬다]

Dongbaek.

‪[익살스러운 음악]

‪- (헬레나) 동백이 온다 ‪- (동백) 안녕, 안녕

Dongbaek is coming.

‪[향미가 흥얼거린다]

‪타

-Hop in. -Why?

‪왜?

-Hop in. -Why?

‪그거 무겁잖아

-It looks heavy. -It's right around the corner. Forget it.

‪코앞인데 뭘 타?

-It looks heavy. -It's right around the corner. Forget it.

‪향미야, 일단 타, 어

Come on, just get in.

‪[덕순의 놀라는 신음] ‪[동백의 옅은 웃음]

‪(덕순) ‪아무튼 싹수는 있어 가지고

Goodness, you've got the best manners. You don't always have to fill it up with food.

‪아이고, 이런 걸 뭘 맨날 챙겨 와?

You don't always have to fill it up with food.

‪[동백의 웃음]

‪근데 회장님

Ms. Kwak, how much do young radishes cost? Aren't they expensive?

‪알타리 얼마 해요? 엄청 비싸죠?

Ms. Kwak, how much do young radishes cost? Aren't they expensive?

‪(덕순) ‪한 단에 7천 원이랴

It's 7,000 won for a bundle. Might as well call them golden radishes.

‪금타리여, 금타리 ‪[동백의 놀라는 신음]

It's 7,000 won for a bundle. Might as well call them golden radishes.

‪그 비싼 걸 이렇게 많이...

Gosh, but you gave me so much.

‪(덕순) ‪응

‪참, 너 우리 셋째 아직 못 봤지?

You haven't met my youngest son, have you?

‪야, 오빠 어디 갔니, 오빠?

Hey, where is he?

‪헬레나야, 오빠 어디 갔냐고

Helena, where did he go?

‪아, 나는 몰라

I have no idea.

‪[웃음] ‪(덕순) ‪저거 존댓말 할 줄 알면서

I'm sure she knows how to speak politely, but she keeps doing that.

‪저러는 거 같아 ‪[동백의 옅은 웃음]

I'm sure she knows how to speak politely, but she keeps doing that.

‪(동백) ‪그 내려오셨다는 막내 아드님요?

Do you mean your youngest son who recently came back?

‪(덕순) ‪잉

Yes.

‪아이, 근디 이게 무 썰다 말고 ‪또 어딜 토꼈나 벼

But it looks like he ran away while cutting the radishes.

‪[흥미로운 음악] ‪(동백) ‪토꼈어요?

-He ran away? -I think so.

‪아이고

-He ran away? -I think so. It's his specialty since his agricultural high school days.

‪(덕순) ‪주특기여, 농고 댕길 때부터

It's his specialty since his agricultural high school days.

‪(용식) ‪에? 아니, 그때 얘기를 왜 해!

What? Why are you telling her stories from that time? Wait.

‪설마...

What? Why are you telling her stories from that time? Wait.

‪그때부터 뒤지게 공부 안 하고 ‪토껴 쌓더니

He never studied and ran off all the time since then,

‪(덕순) ‪꼴찌로 정점을 찍더라고

and reached his peak as the bottom of his class.

‪꼴찌도 했어요? 아이고

He got the worst grades? Goodness.

‪응, 딱 세 번

Yes, exactly three times.

‪[분한 숨소리] ‪[덕순의 웃음]

Yes, exactly three times.

‪(용식) ‪아이, 진짜 왜 저래?

My gosh, what's with her?

‪(덕순) ‪나는 내심은 말이여

I believe that

‪1등만치나 힘든 게 ‪꼴찌라고 보거든? 잉?

being in last place is as tough as being in first place.

‪[덕순과 동백의 웃음]

‪근디 갸가 매사가 그려

But he's always like that.

‪- (동백) 어유 ‪- (덕순) 인생이 모 아니면 도라고

His life is either all or nothing.

‪옹산 남자들이 좀 ‪그런 성향이 있나 봐요?

The men of Ongsan must tend to be that way.

‪왜, 누가 또 그랴?

Why? Is someone else like that, too?

‪아니, 우리 가게에 ‪요즘에 새로 오는 아저씨가 있는데

Well, there's this guy who has recently been coming to my place.

‪[동백의 생각하는 신음]

‪씁, 꼭

He reminds me of a grizzly bear.

‪불곰 같아요

He reminds me of a grizzly bear.

‪(덕순) ‪곰뚱아리 같은 것들이랑은 놀지 말아

Don't get mixed up with men who are like bears.

‪촌시러워

They're too tacky. You can never fix that.

‪촌티는 불치여

They're too tacky. You can never fix that.

‪[웃음]

‪근데 곰 중에도 왜, 그

But among bears, Winnie the Pooh is sort of cute, right?

‪푸 같은 거는 좀 귀엽잖아요

But among bears, Winnie the Pooh is sort of cute, right?

‪[덕순의 웃음] ‪[아련한 음악]

‪(덕순) ‪아니, 근디

Anyway, you put on a dress for once.

‪너 어짠 일로 원피스를 다 입었디야?

Anyway, you put on a dress for once.

‪[쑥스러운 웃음]

‪(동백) ‪너무 짧아요, 회장님?

Is it too short? You can see my knees.

‪무릎이 다 나와서

Is it too short? You can see my knees.

‪남 눈치 볼 거 없이 ‪여시 토깽이같이 입고 댕겨

Don't worry about other people and dress cutely like a vixen.

‪여시 토깽이 ‪[동백과 덕순의 옅은 웃음]

A vixen?

‪(덕순) ‪그러다 너 이쁘다고 힐끔대는

Then you can get married to some guy

‪순하고 멩 긴 놈 하나 주워서 시집가라

who's nice and healthy and says you're beautiful.

‪아이, 또 그러신다

You're saying that again. I have enough in my hands with Pil-gu.

‪저는 필구 보고 사는 것도 바쁜데

You're saying that again. I have enough in my hands with Pil-gu. A single mother is a burden to Pil-gu, too.

‪필구한테도 홀어미는 짐이여

A single mother is a burden to Pil-gu, too.

‪그리고 너는

And you can't live your whole life only living as Pil-gu's mom.

‪필구 엄마로만 살다 죽지 마

And you can't live your whole life only living as Pil-gu's mom.

‪품에 있을 때나 내 새끼지

They're only your dear children while they're with you.

‪콩 자루에서 자식새끼들 ‪줄줄 빠지고 나믄

Once your children get married and leave your side,

‪껍데기만 툭 남는 게 ‪두식이, 규식이 엄마더라

you'll be like an empty shell like Du-sik and Gyu-sik's mom.

‪그니께 갔다 오더라도 시집가

So even if you might get divorced, you should get married.

‪과부 팔자 굽이굽이 외로워

It's a lonely journey to live as a widow.

‪(향미) ‪[안전벨트를 딸깍 풀며] ‪그냥 가게로 들어오지 뭘 타라 마라야?

You could have just come in. Why did you tell me to hop in?

‪(규태) ‪아, 가게에 도둑 들었다면서?

I heard someone broke in there.

‪(향미) ‪몰라, 뭐가 왔다 갔나, 어쨌나

No idea. Someone apparently came in or something.

‪근데 착실한 동백이는 휴무도 안 해

But the diligent Dongbaek won't take a day off.

‪너 그럼, 그

Then do you

‪동백이도 존경을 하냐?

have respect for Dongbaek, too?

‪뭐?

What?

‪너는 옹산에서 또 ‪누구누구 존경을 하는데?

What? Who else in Ongsan do you respect?

‪뭔 존경?

-Respect? -Do you have a few men that you respect?

‪존경하는 남자는 간간이 있는 편이고?

-Respect? -Do you have a few men that you respect?

‪존경은 개뿔

Respect, my ass.

‪내 인생에 존경할 놈이 ‪세 놈만 있었어도

If I had even three men in my life that I respected,

‪최향미가 지금 이러고 살지를 않지

I wouldn't be living my life like this.

‪이, 심심하면 ‪그 앞에 서랍 한번 열어 봐

If you're bored, open up the glove compartment.

‪[규태의 헛기침]

Why?

‪왜?

Why?

‪뭐야, 이건? 불안하게

What is this? You're making me anxious.

‪[입소리를 쩝 내며] ‪딱지는 펴 보라고 있는 거 아니냐, 어?

Notes are meant to be opened and read.

‪그, 오다가 줍지는 않았어

I didn't pick it up on the way here.

‪어, 내 카드로 일시불로 딱 샀지 ‪[흥미로운 음악]

I didn't pick it up on the way here. I made a single payment for that with my credit card.

‪월차 쓰고 한번 타든가

Take a day off and go.

‪누구랑? 오빠랑?

With whom? You?

‪아이, 따로 가려면 가든지

If you want to go separately, that works, too.

‪오빠랑 나랑 둘이?

-Just you and me? -If you want me to drive, I will.

‪(규태) ‪내 빵빵이 타고 가려면 가고

-Just you and me? -If you want me to drive, I will. But if you want to get there by taking the bus, that works too.

‪뭐, 고속버스 타고 ‪한 두어 번 갈아타고 가려면 가고

But if you want to get there by taking the bus, that works too.

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪(규태) ‪나 지금 약간 박력 있었나?

Did I just sound kind of cool?

‪[갈매기 울음 효과음] ‪(향미) 오빠

Did I just sound kind of cool? Gyu-tae, what is this ticket for water skiing?

‪이 수상 스키 뭐야?

Gyu-tae, what is this ticket for water skiing?

‪뭐긴 뭐야?

What do you think? Skiing is just skiing.

‪스키가 스키지

What do you think? Skiing is just skiing.

‪스키

Skiing.

‪아이, 키스도 아니고

I mean, it's not kissing. We're just going skiing.

‪스키 한번 타는 거까지 ‪뭔 오라지게 청렴결백해야 되냐, 어?

I mean, it's not kissing. We're just going skiing. Do I have to be so innocent to go water skiing?

‪키스? 이 상황에 아재 개그야?

Kissing? Did you just make a dad joke?

‪(규태) ‪키스라니

Kissing?

‪내가 지금 뭐라고 지껄인 거지?

What in the world am I saying?

‪스키

Skiing. Skiing, skiing,

‪스키, 스키, 스키스, 키스, 키스 ‪[익살스러운 음악]

Skiing. Skiing, skiing, kissing, kissing.

‪이거 썸이야?

-Are you flirting with me? -What?

‪뭐?

-Are you flirting with me? -What?

‪왜 내 앞에서 새삼 ‪귀때기를 달구고 그래?

Why are your ears burning up in front of me?

‪귀엽게?

That's kind of cute.

‪[익살스러운 효과음]

‪(용식) ‪동백 씨, 이쪽, 이쪽으로...

-Dongbaek, this way. -No.

‪(동백) ‪아니에요, 아니요

-Dongbaek, this way. -No.

‪여기부턴 진짜 싫어요

I really don't want you to come now.

‪(용식) ‪아, 예, 그러면 저는

Okay, then. I will follow you about five steps behind you.

‪저, 한, 한 5보 뒤에서 이렇게 딱...

Okay, then. I will follow you about five steps behind you.

‪아니요

No, I don't want you to be

‪이 시장통 근처에서는

No, I don't want you to be

‪제 인근 500미터 안에도 ‪계시지 말아 주세요

within 500m of my reach around the market.

‪(용식) ‪씁, 저기, 근데 그, 상식적으로요

Well, technically speaking, the market is barely over 400m long.

‪이, 이 시장통이 ‪한 400미터 안 될 거 같은디

Well, technically speaking, the market is barely over 400m long.

‪500미터는 그, 너무 ‪그, 팍팍한 처사가 아닌가 ‪[용식의 웃음]

Don't you think 500m is a bit too much?

‪용식 씨

Yong-sik.

‪지방에서 술 파는 식당 하면서

Have you ever lived your life as a single mother

‪혼자서 애 키우면서 살아 보셨어요?

who runs a restaurant that also sells liquor?

‪예?

Pardon?

‪[입소리를 쩝 낸다]

Pardon?

‪그러면 이, 남의 구설 타는 게

If you did, you would know how awful it is to have everyone talk about you.

‪얼마나 지긋지긋한지 ‪이해를 하셨을 텐데

If you did, you would know how awful it is to have everyone talk about you.

‪[동백의 한숨]

‪(동백) ‪저

I am

‪이제 젖먹이 키우는 미혼모도 아니고

not a single mother with an infant.

‪우리 필구 눈치가 빤해요

Pil-gu is really quick with things.

‪아니, 저도 용식 씨가 ‪경찰로서 따라다니는 거라니까

I just let you follow me around because you made an excuse saying that

‪그냥 좀 못 이기는 척하잖아요

you're doing it as a police officer.

‪그러니까 용식 씨도

So I hope you can also respect me as a mom, Yong-sik.

‪씁, 엄마로서의 제 입장을 좀 ‪존중해 주셔야 될 거 같아요

So I hope you can also respect me as a mom, Yong-sik.

‪예

Sure.

‪(용식) ‪저기, 근데 동백 씨

Wait, Dongbaek.

‪[새가 짹짹거리는 소리]

‪[한숨]

‪이, 남녀가 뒤에서 뭘 하면

If a man and a woman secretly get involved with each other,

‪구설이고 카더라지만요

it can start a rumor and hearsay.

‪이...

‪앞에서 대놓고 그냥 '좋아한다'

But if I just say directly, "I like her.

‪응? '진짜 좋아한다'

I like her so much.

‪'너희들이 뭐라든 ‪나는 동백 씨 좋아 죽겄고'

I don't care what you say, I like Dongbaek so much.

‪'이 엄청난 여자 좋아하는 거, 그거'

And liking this amazing woman is... That's...

‪'오냐, 그게 내 자랑이다' 하면

Yes, that's my pride!"

‪그래 버리면 ‪[부드러운 음악]

If I do that, no one will say a thing.

‪차라리 찍소리들도 못 하는 거잖아요

If I do that, no one will say a thing.

‪저는 기냥

I believe

‪그게 더 상대에 대한 ‪예의라고 생각해요

that it's a better way of showing manners.

‪(동백) ‪생각해 보면 나는 한 번도...

Come to think about it, I was never...

‪나도 갈까? 동기 결혼식인데

Should I go there if it's your colleague's wedding?

‪아휴, 내가 널 뭐라고 소개해?

How am I going to introduce you?

‪스캔들 나면 서로 귀찮잖아

It'll be too troublesome if a scandal breaks out.

‪[종렬의 옅은 웃음]

‪(동백) ‪누군가의 자랑이었던 적은 없었다

I was never the pride of someone.

‪[당황한 숨소리]

‪뭐야, 왜 저렇게 웃어, 자꾸?

Why does he keep grinning like that?

‪(찬숙) ‪용식이 너 괜히 ‪인절미 먹는 척할 거 없어

Yong-sik, stop pretending like you're there to eat injeolmi.

‪저짝 가 봐

Go on over there.

‪[찬숙의 못마땅한 신음] ‪야, 가란다고 가냐?

My gosh, he left as soon as I told him to.

‪8천 원요?

It's 8,000 won?

‪이게 왜 이렇게 올랐지?

Why did it get so expensive?

‪(지현) ‪줘, 말아?

Do you want it or not?

‪근데 그, 이게 ‪한 단에 7천 원이라고 그러던데?

From what I heard, it normally costs 7,000 won.

‪그럼 7천 원에 하는 데 찾아가

Then go buy it somewhere else.

‪여기서 알타리는 우리가 독점이니께

We're the only ones selling young radishes around here.

‪[용식의 미심쩍은 숨소리] ‪그게...

But...

‪(용식) ‪[요란하게 헛기침하며] ‪아, 그, 거참

But... These young radishes are very mysterious.

‪그, 미스터리한 알타리네, 응?

These young radishes are very mysterious. My mom told me that she bought them for 7,000 won yesterday.

‪이, 어제 분명히 울 엄마는

My mom told me that she bought them for 7,000 won yesterday.

‪이 알타리를 ‪한 단에 7천 원에 샀다는디

My mom told me that she bought them for 7,000 won yesterday.

‪왜 동백 씨 알타리만 8천 원이지?

So why are you asking her for 8,000 won?

‪씁, 이건 뭐, 거진

You're totally ruining the market economy

‪이, 시장 경제 흐리는 독점이자 ‪경제 사범급인디?

You're totally ruining the market economy through monopolization. It's an economic offense.

‪암만 여자가 좋기로서니, 어?

I get that you like her. But you can't do this to someone

‪너 코딱지만 할 때부터 ‪네 코 닦아 주던 아줌니를 뭘로 몰아?

But you can't do this to someone who used to take care of you since you were young.

‪경제... 뭐?

What? An economic what?

‪아니, 알타리 얘기 하다 갑자기 ‪코 닦아 준 얘기가 왜 나와요?

We were talking about young radishes. Don't change the subject.

‪나는 용식이 저게 옹산 보안관인지

Sometimes I get confused if Yong-sik's a police officer in Ongsan

‪동백이 보안관인 줄을 모르겄어

or a bodyguard for Dongbaek. Exactly.

‪(귀련) ‪그러게 말이여

Exactly.

‪(찬숙) ‪우리 영심이는 맨날

Yeong-sim's always waiting for Yong-sik to show up.

‪우리 용식이를 기다리고 있는데

Yeong-sim's always waiting for Yong-sik to show up. But Yong-sik's always busy following Dongbaek around.

‪우리 용식이는 맨날 ‪우리 동백이 꽁무니만

But Yong-sik's always busy following Dongbaek around.

‪쫄쫄 쫓아댕기고 있네 ‪[용식의 짜증 섞인 한숨]

But Yong-sik's always busy following Dongbaek around. That darn Yeong-sim.

‪그놈의 영심이, 영심이, 진짜...

That darn Yeong-sim. You can't do this to us.

‪(지현) ‪야, 네가 우리한테 이러면 안 되지

You can't do this to us.

‪여기 시장이 너 다 같이 키웠어

We're the ones who raised you, you know.

‪[황당한 신음] ‪(찬숙) ‪야

Your mother will get heartbroken if she finds out that you're doing this,

‪(찬숙) ‪너희 엄마 아시면 억장이 무너진다

Your mother will get heartbroken if she finds out that you're doing this,

‪이 맹맹이 콧구녕 같은 놈아

you naive little punk.

‪- 아, 나는 알타리... ‪- 저, 아니에요, 아니에요

-I was just-- -No, it's okay.

‪제가 다시 사러 ‪알타리 다음에 사러 올게요

I'll come back and buy them next time.

‪아이, 저...

But...

‪하여튼 누구든, 예? ‪바가지만 씌우고 그래만 봐요, 응?

You'd better not try to rip her off again.

‪내가 아주 그냥 읍내 나가 가지고 ‪알타리를 짝으로 떼어 와 버릴 거니까!

I'll buy all the young radishes before you do.

‪[흥미로운 음악]

‪용식 씨

Yong-sik.

‪저 그냥 알타리 8천 원에 사고 싶어요

I just want to pay 8,000 won for young radishes. Things were better in the past.

‪그때가 더 살기 편했어요

Things were better in the past.

‪아니, 저 언니들 있잖아요

You know those ladies over there? If I get new shoes or a perm, they're already gossiping about me.

‪그, 내가 막 새 신만 사 신어도 ‪파마만 말아도

If I get new shoes or a perm, they're already gossiping about me.

‪막 쑥덕쑥덕

If I get new shoes or a perm, they're already gossiping about me.

‪내가 용식 씨 꼬시려고 그런다고

They think I'm trying to seduce you.

‪[한숨]

‪동백 씨

Dongbaek.

‪동백 씨는 저기, 그

Do you care if Ms. Jeong gets a pair of new shoes?

‪백반집 아줌마 새 신 사면 봐요?

Do you care if Ms. Jeong gets a pair of new shoes?

‪이 파마부터 발끝까지요

Starting from your perm to your shoes,

‪왜 저 사람들이 그, 하루 종일 그냥 ‪동백 씨만 쳐다보겠냐고요

why do you think they're so interested in everything you do?

‪[한숨]

Are you going to say it's because I'm pretty?

‪뭐요? 뭐, 또 이뻐서 ‪그런다고 하려고요?

Are you going to say it's because I'm pretty?

‪(용식) ‪아니요

No.

‪이쁜 거는 빼박이고요

That's a given.

‪저 봐, 저 봐, 어휴

My gosh, I knew it. I'm so sick of that line.

‪지겨워, 정말

My gosh, I knew it. I'm so sick of that line.

‪(용식) ‪그, 이, 옹산의 그, 그거요

It's because you're... What do you call it? You're the celebrity in Ongsan.

‪그, 옹산 셀럽, 셀럽이니께, 예?

What do you call it? You're the celebrity in Ongsan.

‪'아, 고놈의 동백이 ‪얼마나 잘 사나 보자' 이렇게

The fact that they're so interested in how you live

‪별나게 관심 있다는 거는

The fact that they're so interested in how you live

‪그, 좌우지간에 동백 씨가 ‪톡 튀게 잘났다는 거 아니어요? 예?

shows how much you stand out in the neighborhood.

‪아유, 그냥

Gosh, you don't even know how popular you are.

‪자기가 얼마나 동네에서 ‪핫한 줄도 모르는데 이게

Gosh, you don't even know how popular you are. No wonder you don't get me being upset about the rip-off.

‪알타리 깎아 주고 싶은 ‪이 내 마음을 알겄냐고

No wonder you don't get me being upset about the rip-off.

‪아유, 어떻게 된 게, 이

How can you be more stupid than I am?

‪나보다도 머리가 나빠요?

How can you be more stupid than I am?

‪저 4학년 때까진 공부 되게 잘했어요

I got good grades up until fourth grade.

‪근데 왜 내 마음 몰라요! 

Then why don't you know how I feel?

‪예? 이 동네 개도 다 아는데 왜

Then why don't you know how I feel? Even the dogs in our neighborhood know. Why are you the only one who doesn't?

‪왜, 왜 너만 몰라요?

Even the dogs in our neighborhood know. Why are you the only one who doesn't?

‪용식 씨는 무슨 기승전 고백이에요?

Why do you always end a conversation with a love confession?

‪동백이가 뭐가 있긴 있나 벼

I guess Dongbaek really is charming.

‪용식이 그거 아주 그냥, 응?

Yong-sik seems to have fallen head over heels for her.

‪눈이 돌았데 ‪[재영의 웃음]

Yong-sik seems to have fallen head over heels for her.

‪아니, 나는 무슨 ‪드라마 보는 줄 알았잖여

I thought I was watching a soap opera.

‪[지현의 의아한 신음] ‪아, 동백이 건드렸다가는

Yong-sik looked like he'd attack us if we did anything to Dongbaek.

‪용식이가 물겄더라고 ‪[지현의 웃음]

Yong-sik looked like he'd attack us if we did anything to Dongbaek.

‪그래, 용식이가 조기 축구밖에 ‪모르는 줄 알았는데

I thought Yong-sik was only interested in soccer, but he's quite the romantic.

‪아주 로맨티시스트여, 응 ‪[재영의 웃음]

but he's quite the romantic. My gosh, Yong-sik.

‪[웃으며] ‪로맨티시스트

My gosh, Yong-sik.

‪(덕순) ‪아이, 넘의 아들 뒷담 까는 겨?

Are you badmouthing my son?

‪아이, 깜짝아

Gosh, you startled me.

‪뭐, 승엽이가 다 지껄이고 댕겼어?

Did Seung-yeop go around telling you guys?

‪회장님, 아셔유?

Did you hear about it?

‪[가소로운 웃음]

‪애 좀 내버려둬

Will you just leave him be? Just let him take care of himself.

‪자기가 어련히 알아서 하려고

Will you just leave him be? Just let him take care of himself.

‪아이, 진짜 내버려두시게?

-You're really going to leave him be? -Yong-sik can be very cunning.

‪- 용식이가 은근히 여시여 ‪- 예?

-You're really going to leave him be? -Yong-sik can be very cunning. What?

‪나도 걔가 순 ‪맹탕, 숙맥인 줄 알았는디

What? I thought he was a complete fool who knew absolutely nothing.

‪은근히 야심가더라고

But it turns out that he's a man of great ambition.

‪벤호사를 꼬시지를 않나

First, he flirts with a lawyer.

‪[익살스러운 음악] ‪백두게장을 내놓으라지를 않나

And then, he says he wants to take over my restaurant.

‪[웃음]

-Do you have some fresh rice cakes? -Yes.

‪야, 가래떡 금방 뽑은 거 있니?

-Do you have some fresh rice cakes? -Yes.

‪- (재영) 예 ‪- (덕순) 우리 야심가

-Let me make him some rice cake soup. -The rice cakes are inside.

‪- (덕순) 떡국 해 먹이게 ‪- (재영) 안에 있어요, 안에

-Let me make him some rice cake soup. -The rice cakes are inside.

‪(찬숙) ‪벤호사는 뭔디?

-What lawyer? -She's totally mistaken.

‪- (재영) 헛다리, 헛다리 ‪- (지현) 헛다리?

-What lawyer? -She's totally mistaken.

‪헛다리지?

She's mistaken, right? A lawyer, my ass.

‪벤호사 같은 소리 하네

She's mistaken, right? A lawyer, my ass. How much would you like?

‪(재영) ‪얼마나 드려? ‪[지현이 연신 혀를 찬다]

How much would you like?

‪(동백) ‪용식 씨가 이럴수록 나만 웃겨져요!

You acting like this will only humiliate me.

‪천하의 백여시에 총각 꼬시는 ‪웃기는 애 된다니까요?

They'll think of me as a cunning brat who seduced a bachelor.

‪아, 저도

I don't want people saying that about you.

‪동백 씨가 그런 소리 듣는 건 싫어요

I don't want people saying that about you.

‪싫으면 어떻게 해야겠어요?

Then what do you think you need to do?

‪제가 꼭 필구를 가르치듯이 ‪이렇게 해야 돼요?

Do I really need to teach you like I teach Pil-gu?

‪아이, 누구든지 동백 씨 우습게 만들면

If anyone makes a fool out of you, I'll teach them a lesson.

‪내가 들이받아 버릴 건디, 그...

If anyone makes a fool out of you, I'll teach them a lesson. But I obviously shouldn't do that.

‪또, 내가 또 그러면 안 되는 거잖아요

But I obviously shouldn't do that.

‪내 말이 그 말이에요!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

‪그러게 좀 ‪안 좋아하는 척이라도 해 봐요

Can you at least pretend like you don't like me?

‪근디 제가요

But every time I try to hide my feelings, it just doesn't work.

‪꼭 이, 뒷구녕에서 ‪뭘 하려고 하는 순간에

But every time I try to hide my feelings, it just doesn't work.

‪에러가 나더라고요

But every time I try to hide my feelings, it just doesn't work.

‪[동백의 답답한 신음]

‪아니, 그, 솔직한 데에는 ‪장사 없는 거잖아유, 맞쥬? 예?

It's always better to be honest. Don't you agree?

‪저는 이, 내숭 떨 비위도 안 되고요

I'm not brazen enough to lie.

‪이, 겉으론 사실무근

And I think it's way worse

‪이래 놓고선 이 뒤에서 찝적거리는 거

to try cheap tricks while pretending to be indifferent.

‪아이, 이게 더 ‪양아치 같은 거 아니어요?

to try cheap tricks while pretending to be indifferent.

‪그게 더 동백 씨 웃기게 만드는 거죠

That would make you seem more like a joke.

‪나는요

You see,

‪기냥 내 식대로 할래요

I'm going to do things my way.

‪뭘 또 네 식대로 해요?

What do you mean by that?

‪왜 눈은 그렇게 떠요, 용식 씨?

Why are you making that expression?

‪[흥미진진한 음악]

Why are you making that expression?

‪옹산 바닥 그 어떤 주뎅이도요

I'll make sure that

‪동백 씨가 용식이 꼬신단 소리 못 하게

no one in Ongsan says you're the one hitting on me.

‪동백 씨한테 백여시란 소리 못 하게

No one will be able to call you a cunning brat.

‪그렇게 할게요

I'll make sure of that.

‪용식 씨!

Yong-sik.

‪(동백) ‪어디 가요?

Where are you going?

‪용식 씨!

Yong-sik!

‪아줌마!

-Ms. Park! -My goodness.

‪아, 깜짝이야, 하...

-Ms. Park! -My goodness.

‪왜 소리는 질러, 이씨, 쯧

Why did he just yell?

‪동백 씨가 나 꼬시는 거 아니고요!

Dongbaek isn't trying to seduce me!

‪내가 동백 씨 꼬시는 거예요, 내가!

I'm the one trying to seduce her!

‪아니, 아니야

No...

‪[이를 악물고] ‪야, 너 가, 빨리, 가

Hey, you'd better get going.

‪이, 동백 씨는 나를

Dongbaek asked me to stay 400m away from her.

‪이, 인근 400미터 안에도 ‪접근을 못 하게 하는데

Dongbaek asked me to stay 400m away from her.

‪나 혼자 좋아 죽겄는 거고요! 예?

But I just can't stop liking her. I'm the one trying to seduce her! I'm the cunning brat!

‪그, 내가 꼬시는 거고 ‪내가 백여시라고요, 내가!

I'm the one trying to seduce her! I'm the cunning brat!

‪[이를 악물고] ‪알았으니께 빨리 가라고, 이 새끼야

Okay, I get it. Now, get going.

‪얘, 용식아

Yong-sik, I'll sell the young radishes for 7,000 won.

‪아줌마가 알타리 7천 원에 줄게 ‪고만 떠들고 일로 와, 일로

Yong-sik, I'll sell the young radishes for 7,000 won. -Stop yelling and come with me. -Let me go. Stop it.

‪아이, 나 좀 놔 봐요, 예?

-Stop yelling and come with me. -Let me go. Stop it.

‪아이, 뭐, 우리가 뭐 ‪남들한테 뭐, 쫄릴 짓 했어요? 예?

It's not like we did anything to be ashamed of! We're not committing adultery! We're not cheating on someone!

‪아, 불륜이에요? 예?

We're not committing adultery! We're not cheating on someone!

‪아, 바람이에요?

We're not committing adultery! We're not cheating on someone!

‪아, 좋아하니께!

I like her! That's all there is to it!

‪예, 좋아해요!

I like her! That's all there is to it!

‪좋아해요, 좋아해요

I like her, okay? I like her!

‪아, 좋아한다고요!

I like her, okay? I like her!

‪[용식의 목소리가 울려 퍼진다]

I like her, okay? I like her!

‪[용식의 거친 숨소리]

‪(동백) ‪하, 용식 씨는 그렇게 ‪악을 쓰고 커밍아웃을 했고

Yong-sik threw a fit and confessed his love for me.

‪나는 곧...

And pretty soon...

‪아이, 뭐, 용식이, 뭐 ‪다 같이 키웠다며, 예?

You guys keep telling me that you practically raised me!

‪아, 그럼 용식이가 좋아하는 동백이도 ‪좋아를 해 줘야죠, 예? 안 그래요?

Then you should like the woman I like! Don't you agree with me?

‪[포효하는 효과음]

‪[익살스러운 음악]

‪[놀라는 신음]

‪이게 뭔 소리여?

What are you saying?

‪네가 누굴 좋아햐?

You like who?

‪[당황한 신음]

‪어, 엄마

Mom, what were you doing in there?

‪어, 엄마가 왜 거기서 나와?

Mom, what were you doing in there?

‪엄마?

"Mom"?

‪엄마?

"Mom"?

‪(동백) ‪나는 곧 베프를 잃을 운명이었다

And pretty soon, I was going to lose my best friend.

‪범접 불가 내 편에서 ‪통제 불가 내 편으로

From the untouchable Ms. Kwak to the uncontrollable Yong-sik.

‪그렇게 나는 라인이 바뀌고 있었다

The person I could depend on was slowly changing.

‪[용식의 한숨]

‪용식이는 모 아니면 도라며?

You said so yourself that I'm either all or nothing.

‪나는 동백이를 모로 정했어

I decided to put in my all for Dongbaek.

‪[용식의 두려운 숨소리]

‪(동백) ‪나랑 술이나 한잔하지

You should stay and drink with me.

‪누구랑 갑자기 수상 스키를 타러 가?

Who are you going water-skiing with?

‪근데 언니가 웬일로 술이에요?

Why are you drinking all of a sudden?

‪오늘 상가 번영회 안 가요?

What about the co-op gathering?

‪아니, 나 못 가

I can't go there.

‪백 없어서 이제 못 가

No one has my back anymore.

‪쩝, 그렇지, 나라도 싫지, 나라도

If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't have liked it, either.

‪동백이를 누가 좋아하겠어? 치...

Who would like Dongbaek?

‪언니도 그럼 오늘 일찍 셔터 내려요

Then you should close the bar early today.

‪다녀올게요

I'll see you later.

‪(동백) ‪조심해 ‪[문이 스르륵 열린다]

Be careful.

‪혼술은 안 하시겠네

I guess you won't be drinking alone.

‪[문이 스르륵 열린다] ‪[한숨]

‪[문이 스르륵 닫힌다]

‪애 훈련비는 왜 내 줘?

Why did you pay for his training fee?

‪왜 콩만 한 게 ‪48만 원 걱정을 하게 하냐?

Why would you make a kid worry about 480,000 won?

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪너도 꼭 그렇게 나 사는 거를

Do you really have to be nosy about my life like that?

‪속속들이 알아야 되겠니?

Do you really have to be nosy about my life like that?

‪너는 잘나가는 슈퍼맨이라 모르겠지만

You might not understand because you're successful,

‪내 입장은 좀 다르지 않겠어?

but things are different for me.

‪뭐, 기껏 한다는 게 술집이라?

Why? Because all you do is run a bar?

‪그래, 진짜 제대로 한번 좀 묻자

Let me ask you.

‪왜 하필 술집인데? 어?

Why does it have to be a bar?

‪여기 너랑 진짜 안 어울리는 거 알지?

You know this place doesn't suit you, right?

‪어울려, 나 장사 잘해

It does suit me. I'm good at what I do.

‪너 뭐, 사기당했니?

Did you get scammed or something?

‪대체 무슨 헛바람이 들어서

What made you want to sell alcohol?

‪(종렬) ‪왜 술장사를 하고 있어, 술장사를!

What made you want to sell alcohol?

‪네가 바람 넣었잖아

You encouraged me.

‪뭐?

What?

‪내가 찌개를 해도 떡볶이를 해도

Every time I cooked for you,

‪너 맨날 똑같은 소리만 했잖아

you'd always say the same thing.

‪[아련한 음악] ‪(동백) ‪넌 왜 꼭 밥을 해 놓으면 술을 찾아?

Why do you always crave alcohol every time you eat?

‪(종렬) ‪야, 여기다가 어떻게 술을 안 먹냐?

How can I resist alcohol when the food is so good?

‪진짜 넌 뭘 해도 ‪이, 술을 부르는 맛이라니까?

Every food you cook makes me crave alcohol.

‪안주 쪽은 네가 최고야, 최고!

You make the best side dishes for alcohol.

‪[동백의 호응하는 신음] ‪[종렬의 옅은 웃음]

‪[종렬의 애교 섞인 신음] ‪[동백의 옅은 웃음]

‪[한숨]

‪난 살면서 최고란 소리 들은 건

That was the first time I ever heard anyone tell me

‪안주가 처음이었어

that I'm the best at something.

‪[종렬의 착잡한 한숨]

You're driving me crazy.

‪진짜 미쳐 버리겠네

You're driving me crazy.

‪(동백) ‪그냥 각자 자기 잘하는 거 ‪하면서 사는 거야

We all make a living doing what we're good at.

‪넌 야구를 잘하니까 ‪야구를 하는 거고 나는

You play baseball since that's what you're good at. And I make the best stir-fried pork, so I run a bar.

‪두루치기가 최고니까 술집을 하는 거고

And I make the best stir-fried pork, so I run a bar.

‪아니

I mean, come on. Was I that important to you?

‪네 인생엔 뭐, 내가 다냐? 어?

I mean, come on. Was I that important to you?

‪아이, 이, 내가 뭐라고

Was I important enough to influence you like this?

‪너한테 이렇게까지 ‪지대한 영향을 끼칠 일이냐, 이게? 어?

Was I important enough to influence you like this?

‪그럼 내가 가족도 없고 아무도 없는데

I didn't have any friends or family. What you said mattered that much.

‪네가 하는 말이 다였지, 뭐

I didn't have any friends or family. What you said mattered that much.

‪이럴 줄 알았으면 그때 내가 ‪두루치기 최고란 소릴 안 했지!

If I knew you were going to do this, I wouldn't have said that.

‪너 왜 이렇게 사람을 환장하게 만드냐?

You're seriously making me go crazy.

‪[종렬의 한숨] ‪아, 그냥 나 좀 놔둬!

Will you just leave me alone? I'm just trying to make a living.

‪나 그냥 먹고사는 거야

Will you just leave me alone? I'm just trying to make a living.

‪[종렬의 한숨] ‪(향미) ‪근데 언니 왜 술장사해요?

Why do you sell alcohol?

‪진짜로 왜?

Tell me the truth.

‪진짜로는

To be honest, it's because...

‪[동백의 힘주는 신음]

‪소주는

I earn 3,500 won every time I sell a bottle of soju.

‪한 병에 3,500원이 남으니까

I earn 3,500 won every time I sell a bottle of soju.

‪내가 뭐, 배운 건 없고

I didn't learn much, and I'm only good at cooking.

‪잘하는 건 요리뿐이고

I didn't learn much, and I'm only good at cooking.

‪우리 필구는 키워야 되고

Plus, I need to raise Pil-gu.

‪여러 생각 할 게 뭐 있어?

There's not much to think about.

‪그냥 힘들고 모양 빠지는 거 ‪다 내가 하고

I'll do all the hard and dirty work.

‪나는 우리 필구 메이저 리그 갈 때

And when Pil-gu enters the MLB draft,

‪돈 많이 든 통장 하나 쥐여 주는 거

I want to give him a bankbook filled with money.

‪그럼 동백이 인생은 만고땡이지, 뭐

Then I'd be able to call that a successful life.

‪[종렬의 한숨]

‪아싸리 잘 살기나 하든가

You could've at least lived a good life.

‪[옅은 한숨을 쉬며] ‪너 환장할 거 없어

There's no need to get upset. You continue to live your life, and I'll do the same with mine.

‪그냥 너는 네 인생 살면 되고 ‪나는 내 인생 살면 돼

You continue to live your life, and I'll do the same with mine.

‪[종렬의 답답한 한숨]

‪그렇게 잘났는데 그 팔찌는 ‪왜 여태 차고 있어, 왜?

Then why are you still wearing that bracelet?

‪[술잔을 탁 내려놓으며] ‪이거

This... This is just a habit.

‪이거는 그, 뭐, 그냥 습관이지 ‪몸에 좋다며?

This... This is just a habit. It's good for my health.

‪[한숨]

‪이러고 살 거였으면

If you were going to live like this...

‪그냥 옆에 있든지

you should've just stayed.

‪(종렬) ‪아니면

Or you should've...

‪숨을 거면 잘이나 숨던가

at least made sure I'd never find you.

‪우, 우리 그렇게 ‪대단한 재회한 거 아니야

The fact that we met really isn't a big deal.

‪그냥 오다가다 마주친 거야

We just met by coincidence. Nothing has to change.

‪그러니까 달라질 거 하나도 없어 ‪너는 그냥 네 길

We just met by coincidence. Nothing has to change. Just ignore me and keep going your way.

‪갈 길 가면 돼

Just ignore me and keep going your way.

‪너 같으면 그게 되겠냐? 어? 되겠어?

Would you be able to do that if you were in my shoes?

‪그 징글징글한 동백이가 ‪지금 내 자식까지 키우고 살고 있는데?

I just found out that you're raising my son.

‪그 징글징글한 동백이 없다 치고 살아!

Just pretend I don't exist. You've been living fine until now.

‪너 그동안 그렇게 잘 살았잖아

You've been living fine until now.

‪뭘 잘 살아! 잘 살긴, 진짜

What are you talking about? I was never fine.

‪징글징글하게, 씨

What are you talking about? I was never fine.

‪진짜 지긋지긋하게!

I'm so sick of things.

‪[종렬의 깊은 한숨]

‪[한숨]

‪나도 너 아직 잊진 않고 살아

I still think about you, too.

‪[아련한 음악]

‪야, 사람이 사람을 어떻게 잊니?

People can't just forget about each other.

‪굳이 뭐, 잊고 자시고 할 거 없이 그냥

What's the point of trying to forget? If you suddenly come to my mind, I just think of you

‪생각나면, 뭐 ‪그냥 생각나나 보다, 뭐

If you suddenly come to my mind, I just think of you

‪그렇게 그냥 살아지는 거지

and continue to live my life.

‪(동백) ‪이제 다시 볼 사이도 아니고

It's not like we're going to meet again.

‪그냥 뭐, 생각까지 뭐

And it's not like I can do anything...

‪별수 있냐?

if you pop into my head.

‪그냥, 각자 그냥 떳떳하게 살면 돼

We just need to live our lives without doing anything embarrassing.

‪(종렬) ‪떳떳이고 나발이고 간에

Forget all that nonsense.

‪네가 지금 이러고 살고 있으면

Now that I saw you living like this, how do you...

‪내가...

Now that I saw you living like this, how do you...

‪어?

‪내가...

How...

‪널 어떻게 쌩까고 사냐?

How do you expect me to ignore you?

‪[착잡한 한숨]

‪너

Do you know

‪내가 왜 천만종렬인 줄이나 알아?

why they call me Ten Million Jong-ryeol?

‪내가 2루에서 3루 못 뛰고

The day I zoned out and couldn't run

‪하루 종일 정신 나가 있던 날이

from 2nd to 3rd base was March 12th, 2012.

‪2012년 3월 12일이야

from 2nd to 3rd base was March 12th, 2012.

‪[훌쩍인다]

‪어휴, 진짜

Seriously.

‪진짜 징그럽다, 징그러워

I'm so sick of this.

‪어휴, 진짜

‪[종렬의 한숨]

‪(종렬) ‪잘 살기나 하든가

She should at least be living a good life.

‪착해 터진 게 왜...

She's so damn nice.

‪왜 잘 살지도 못해?

Why can't she live a good life?

‪아휴, 씨, 쯧

‪(용식) ‪아이고

My gosh, what brings you here?

‪여긴 또 어쩐 일로 오셨어요?

My gosh, what brings you here?

‪(종렬) ‪예, 들어가 보세요

You should go inside.

‪[종렬의 헛기침]

‪여기서 술 드신 거예요?

Did you drink here?

‪아니요, 술 안 했습니다 ‪운전할 수 있어요

No, I didn't drink. I can drive.

‪강 선수 운전을 묻는 게 아니고요

That's not what I'm concerned about.

‪여기를 왜 또 오셨냐

I asked you because I wanted to know why you came here again.

‪그걸 묻는 거예요

I asked you because I wanted to know why you came here again.

‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪내가 그쪽한테 ‪꼭 대답을 해야 되는 겁니까?

Do I need to answer that question?

‪눈은 왜 뻘거신 건데요?

Why are your eyes red?

‪상관할 사이 아니라고 들었는데요

That's really none of your business.

‪제가요

The thing is, I feel...

‪이상하게

The thing is, I feel...

‪하, 이상하게

I feel...

‪기분이 좀 안 좋아서요

really uneasy for some reason.

‪그럼 기분 상한 김에 한마디 더 합시다

Let me tell you one more thing, then.

‪동백이 갖고 장난치지 마요

Don't mess around with Dongbaek.

‪'동백이'요?

"Dongbaek"?

‪당신 같은 사람들이 ‪괜히 껄떡대고 찔러 보지 않아도 걔

You don't need to make things worse by constantly hitting on her.

‪인생 충분히 고달픈 애니까

She already has a tough life.

‪[차 문이 달칵 열린다]

‪[자동차 시동음]

‪나 회장님 어떻게 보라고...

How am I going to face Ms. Kwak now?

‪이제 그만 와요

You shouldn't come here anymore.

‪우셨어요?

Did you cry?

‪울었냐고요

Did you cry?

‪네, 울었어요

Yes, I did.

‪나도 울 만하면 좀 울고 살아야죠

I should cry if I feel sad.

‪뭐가 울 만하셨는데요?

Why did you feel sad?

‪술이 울렸죠, 술이

It was the alcohol.

‪베프도 잃고

I lost my best friend,

‪그냥 내 꼴도 우습고

and I feel like a joke.

‪왜 우셨냐고요

Why did you cry?

‪그냥...

Because

‪사는 게 좀 쪽팔려서요

I felt so embarrassed of myself.

‪사는 게 너무...

My life...

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪너무 쪽팔려서요

is so embarrassing.

‪(동백) ‪내 인생은 뭐가 이래요?

My life is so ridiculous.

‪학교 때는 반에 고아도 나 하나

Back in school, I was the only orphan.

‪커서는 동네 미혼모도 나 하나

And now, I'm the only single mother in the neighborhood.

‪48만 원 때문에 ‪아들내미 철들게 하는 것도 나 하나

I'm the only one who makes her son worry about 480,000 won.

‪뭐, 나도 좀 쨍하게 살고 싶은데

I also want to live a nice life,

‪아유, 참 세상이 나한테 그렇게 야박해

but the world keeps being so mean to me.

‪나만 자꾸 망신을 줘

It keeps humiliating me.

‪[동백이 술잔을 탁 내려놓는다]

‪[침을 꼴깍 삼킨다]

‪동백 씨

Dongbaek.

‪약한 척하지 말아요

Don't act like you're weak.

‪고아에 미혼모인 동백 씨

You're an orphan and a single mother,

‪모르는 놈들이 보면

so people might go around

‪동백 씨 박복하다고 ‪쉽게 떠들고 다닐지 몰라도요

saying you're living an unfortunate life.

‪까놓고 얘기해서

But let's be honest.

‪동백 씨 억세게 운 좋은 거 아니어요?

You're really lucky.

‪[피식 웃는다]

‪운이 참도 좋네요

So much for being lucky.

‪고아에 미혼모가, 예?

You may be an orphan and a single mother,

‪필구를 혼자서 저렇게 잘 키우고

but you managed to raise Pil-gu so well,

‪(용식) ‪이, 자영업 사장님까지 됐어요

and you even run your own business.

‪남 탓 안 하고요

You don't blame others or live a cheap life.

‪치사하게 안 살고

You don't blame others or live a cheap life.

‪그 와중에

On top of that,

‪남보다도 더 착하고

you still manage to stay so kind and diligent.

‪더 착실하게

you still manage to stay so kind and diligent.

‪그렇게 살아 내는 거

That's how you live.

‪그거 다들 우러러보고 ‪그, 박수 쳐 줘야 될 거 아니냐고요

People should respect you and compliment you for that.

‪(동백) ‪태어나서 처음으로

For the first time in my life, someone complimented me.

‪칭찬을 받았다

For the first time in my life, someone complimented me.

‪(용식) ‪남들 같았으면요

If anyone else were in your shoes, they would've lost it already.

‪진작에 나자빠졌어요

If anyone else were in your shoes, they would've lost it already.

‪근데 누가 너를 욕해요?

No one has the right to badmouth you.

‪동백 씨

Dongbaek.

‪이 동네에서요

In this entire neighborhood,

‪제일로 세고요

you're the strongest,

‪제일로 강하고

the most strong-willed,

‪제일로 훌륭하고

the most magnificent,

‪제일로

and the most

‪장해요

admirable person I know.

‪[잔잔한 음악]

‪하, 진짜 왜 그래요, 나한테? 진짜

My gosh, why are you doing this to me?

‪[훌쩍인다]

‪[훌쩍이며] ‪하, 나한테 ‪그런 말 해 주지 마요, 그냥

Don't say that kind of stuff to me.

‪(동백) ‪죽어라 참고 있는데

I'm trying so hard to hold it in.

‪누가 내 편 들어 주면 나 막...

Every time I hear someone take my side, I can't help but...

‪막...

Every time I hear someone take my side, I can't help but...

‪[흐느낀다]

‪(동백) ‪나 그냥 편들어 주지 마요

Don't take my side. Don't compliment me.

‪칭찬도 해 주지 마요, 그냥

Don't take my side. Don't compliment me. Just don't.

‪[흐느낀다]

Just don't.

‪응? 왜 자꾸 예쁘대요?

Stop saying I'm pretty.

‪왜 자꾸 나보고 자랑이래?

Stop saying you're proud of me.

‪나는 그런 말들 다 너무 처음이라

I've never heard anyone say that to me.

‪막 마음이 울렁울렁, 울렁울렁

So it makes me feel... It makes me feel so weird.

‪[동백이 흐느낀다]

‪이 악물고 산 사람 왜 울리고 그래요!

I'm trying so hard to stay strong. Why did you make me cry?

‪[계속 흐느낀다]

I'm trying so hard to stay strong. Why did you make me cry?

‪그래 놓고 어차피 다, 어?

You say that, but you're just going to...

‪어차피 다, 이씨

You say that, but you're just going to...

‪나는 강종렬이랑 달라요

I'm not like Kang Jong-ryeol.

‪필구 아빠 누구든 상관없어요

I don't care who Pil-gu's dad is.

‪나는요

I promise...

‪필구든

that I will never

‪동백 씨든

make you...

‪절대 안 울려요

or Pil-gu cry.

‪[훌쩍인다]

‪내가

I'll remind you every day

‪매일매일

I'll remind you every day

‪이 맹한 동백 씨

what a great person you are...

‪안 까먹게요

what a great person you are...

‪당신 얼마나 훌륭한지 ‪내가 말해 줄게요

so that you'll never forget.

‪[훌쩍인다]

So...

‪그니께

So...

‪[한숨 쉬며] ‪이제 잔소리하지 말고요

stop your nagging...

‪기냥 받기만 해요, 좀

and just accept my compliments.

‪[기가 찬 숨소리]

‪용식 씨

Yong-sik, you really should be careful.

‪진짜 어쩌려고 이래요?

Yong-sik, you really should be careful. What if I really end up

‪그러다 진짜 내가

What if I really end up

‪용식 씨 진짜로

What if I really end up

‪좋아하게 되면 어떡하려 그래요?

liking you?

‪[동백이 흐느낀다]

‪어떡하려 그런대

What will you do then?

‪[흐느낀다]

‪(동백)

Can a person be another person's miracle?

‪[동백이 계속 흐느낀다]

‪[용식의 힘겨운 숨소리]

‪[힘겨운 한숨]

‪아유, 좀 도와주든가, 좀, 씨, 쯧

She could help me out a little.

‪그냥 가만히, 그냥 갖다 놓고

But she really isn't doing anything.

‪[힘주는 신음]

‪[쓱 긁는 소리가 난다]

‪[쓱 긁는 소리가 난다] ‪[의미심장한 음악]

‪[무거운 효과음]

‪[부드러운 음악]

‪(용식) ‪딴 사람은 몰라도

I don't know about anyone else,

‪네가 싫다면 나도 안 할게

but I won't do anything you don't like.

‪(자영) ‪동백 씨가 내 마지노선을 건드려서 ‪내 꼭지가 돌면

If Dongbaek keeps provoking me -and I end up losing it... -Ma'am.

‪- 사모님! ‪- 내가 아주 솔직해지고 싶을 거 ‪같거든?

-and I end up losing it... -Ma'am. I'd want to be straightforward with you.

‪(용식) ‪울 엄마가 동백 씨 좋아해요 ‪[용식의 아파하는 신음]

My mom likes you. You guys are best friends.

‪베프잖아요, 베프 ‪[용식의 웃음]

My mom likes you. You guys are best friends.

‪동백일 누가 좋아해? ‪누가 저를 좋아하겠어요?

No one likes Dongbaek. Who in the world would like me?

‪(필구) ‪아저씨는 훈련 안 해요?

Shouldn't you be training? Why do you come every day?

‪왜 맨날 와요?

Shouldn't you be training? Why do you come every day?

‪(동백) ‪아이, 누가 여기다 이걸 자꾸 버려?

Who keeps throwing this away here?

‪(용식) ‪정식으로 이렇게 좀

Why can't you ask them for cooperation?

‪좀 협조 요청을 좀, 좀 넣어 봐요!

Why can't you ask them for cooperation? I'm going to catch Joker.

‪(용식) ‪제가요, 까불이 잡아 보렵니다

I'm going to catch Joker. I'll catch him and let him know

‪잡아서 알려 줘야죠

I'll catch him and let him know

‪자기가 감히 누구를 건드린 건지

that he messed with the wrong person.

 

Không có nhận xét nào: