Search This Blog



 미스터 션샤인 9


59s 러브가 쉬운 줄 알았는데 I thought love was easy.
1:03 꽤 어렵구려 But it's quite hard.
1:07 여러모로 미안하오 For everything... I apologize.
1:11 힘들면 그만해도 되는데 We can stop if it's too much.
1:15 그만하는 건 언제든 할 수 있으니 We can stop at any time.
1:20 오늘은 하지 맙시다 So let's not stop today.
1:23 오늘은 Today
1:27 걷던 쪽으로 한 걸음 더 we shall take a step forward.
1:29 (애신) 그러니 알려 주시오 Now tell me.
1:31 통성명 An introduction.
1:34 악수 A handshake.
1:38 그리고 무얼 해야 하는지 What should we do next?
1:42 못 할 거요 You won't be able to do it.
1:44 (유진) 다음은 허그라 It's called a "hug."
1:57 (애신) H는 내 이미 다 배웠소 I already learned all the words beginning with
H.
2:38 이렇게 하는 게 맞소? Did I do it correctly?
2:41 학당 공부 너무 열심히 하지 말랬는데 Didn't I tell you not to study so hard?
2:46 잠시만 여기서 기다리시오 Can you wait here for a moment?
2:49 또 어딜? Where are you off to now?
2:51 그런 거 아니오 It's not what you think.
2:53 여긴 오래 있으면 주인에게 방해가 되니 We'll cause a nuisance if we stay here for too
long.
2:56 (애신) 다른 곳으로 갑시다 so let's go elsewhere.
2:59 들어들 오게 Come on in.
3:08 (애신) 정식으로 소개한 적이 없는 것 같아서 I don't think I have formally introduced them
before.
3:11 행랑아범과 함안댁이오 This is Mr. Haengrang and Ms. Haman.
3:13 나의 오른팔과 왼팔이오 My right-hand and left-hand man.
3:16 (유진) 그... Well...
3:19 괜찮은 거요? Is it all right?
3:21 같은 패요? 이들도 Are they on the same side?
3:23 만약을 위해 모르는 게 좋소 It's best you don't know, just in case.
3:26 (애신) 그럼 얘기들 나누고 계시게 Well, I'll let you have a chat.
3:39 (행랑아범) 접때도 말했지만 난 무서울 것이 일
절 없는 사람이여
I told you this before, but I'm a man who has
nothing to fear.
3:42 무자비하지 I'm ruthless.



3:46 (유진) 어르신이 오른팔이오? Are you her right-hand man?
3:48 (행랑아범) 그것이 우리의 전략이여 That is our strategy.
3:50 다들 나가 오른팔인 줄 알고 경계를 풀어 People lower their guards, thinking that's the
case.
3:52 하나 난 왼팔이여 [함안댁이 우두둑 소리를 낸
다
]
But I'm the left hand.
3:59 오해는 금물이여 Don't be mistaken.
4:00 그짝이 이뻐서 주는 것이 절대 아니여 We didn't give you that to be cordial.
4:02 항시 약방에 온 연유가 있어야 항께 You'll need a reason why you were at an
apothecary.
4:05 (함안댁) 여기 들락거리려면 어데 아픈 사람이
있든가
To come here on a regular basis, you need to
know someone who's ill
4:08 본인이 그, 자주 아파야 될 긴데 or be ill yourself.
4:11 (유진) 아, 알리바이 (함안댁) 아, 진짜 -Like an alibi. -My goodness.
4:14 그래 알리 쌓고 그카믄 안 된다니까요! You can't let others know about this.
4:16 아이고, 참 나, 우짜면 좋나, 저 This guy, seriously.
4:18 실제로 좀 아프게 해 드려야 되나 날을 한번 잡
아 볼까
?
Should we make you an actual patient? Will
today be that day?
4:26 진짜 든든하시겠소 I see you're safe in their hands.
4:28 귀하가 나가자마자 The moment you left,
4:30 지금까지 날 협박했소, 둘이 같이 they both started to threaten me.
4:37 (애신) 협박이 아니라 구박이었을 거요 I doubt it. They were just giving you a hard
time
4:40 이해가 가는 바이고 and I can understand that.
4:42 갑시다 Let's go.
5:35 (유진) 방금 뭐 한 거요? What was that?
5:38 (애신) 보호요 Protecting you.
5:44 (유진) 사내 둘을 태우고 가니 인력거꾼이 힘들
만도 하겠소
It must be hard for him to carry two men in his
rickshaw.
5:50 근데 지금 우리 어디 가는 거요? Where exactly are we going right now?
5:53 거기까진 생각을 안 해 봤소 I haven't thought that far ahead.
5:56 (애신) 그저 나란히 앉아 보고 싶었소 I just wanted to sit side by side with you
5:59 걷는 건 지난번에 해 봐서 since we walked side by side last time.
6:05 그럼 글로리 빈관은 어떻소? How about we head to Glory Hotel?
6:08 (유진) 내가 맡아 둔 복면 가져가시오 You can take back the mask I was holding on
to.
6:20 (유진) 304호 앞에 가서 기다리게 키 받아 가겠
네
Wait in front of Room 304. I'll bring the key.
6:25 (히나) 손님이 오셨나 봅니다 I see you have a guest.
6:27 (유진) 아, 뉴욕에 있을 때 알던 It's a friend of mine from New York.
6:30 아, 그, 함께 수학하던 친우요 We used to study together.
6:33 (히나) 룸이 더 필요하실까요? Do you need an extra room?

6:35 아, 괜찮소 [유진이 열쇠를 잘그락 받는다] That won't be necessary.
6:36 뭐, 옛날얘기나 나누다가 갈 거요 He'll be on his way after we catch up.
6:40 (히나) 그건 씹어 드시렵니까? Are you planning on eating that raw?
6:43 달여서 때마다 올려 보내겠습니다 I'll have it brewed and sent to your room.
6:49 고맙소 I appreciate it.
6:58 어디에 정신이 팔리신 건가? I wonder where his head is at.
7:01 (양복점 직원) 애기씨께서 가장 최근에 지으신
양복 말씀이십니까
?
The suit Lady Ae-sin recently had made?
7:04 (희성) 음, 내 그 옷이 너무 마음에 드는데 알다
시피 좀 작지 뭔가
Yes, I like its style, but it's a little too snug.
7:08 그렇다고 그 옷을 안 입으면 정혼자께서 서운
해할 듯싶어서
But if I don't wear this, my fiancée might be
disappointed.
7:12 (양복점 직원) 아이고, 두 분 마음 씀씀이가 참
예쁘게 닮으셨습니다
You both have such kind hearts.
7:23 이 옷감 맞지요, 도련님? 불란서에서 유행하는 This is the fabric, isn't it? It's popular in
France.
7:30 맞네 It is.
7:35 (애신) 빈관의 방은 이렇게 생겼구려 So this is what a hotel room looks like.
7:38 내 빈관 안은 처음이라 I've never been in one before.
7:40 (유진) 나도 누굴 손수 방에 들인 건 처음이오 I've never brought anyone to my room either.
7:43 매번 뒤져지기만 해서 It's been rummaged though.
7:45 방에 뭔가 중한 게 많은가 보오 You must have many valuables in here.
7:47 (유진) 방금도 들어왔소 Now I have one more.
7:53 이건 무엇이오? What's this?
7:55 뮤직 박스라는 건데 This is a music box.
7:57 (유진) 태엽을 감으면 음악이 나오는 기계요 It plays music when you wind it up.
7:59 음악? -Music? -It's a folk song called
"Greensleeves."
8:00 (유진) '푸른 옷소매'라는 서양 민요요 들어 보
겠소
?
-Music? -It's a folk song called
"Greensleeves." Care to listen to it?
8:03 어, 그러니까 서양의 새타령이라는 거구려 [유
진의 웃음
]
So Westerners have a folk song of their own.
8:07 틀어 보시오 Let's hear it.
8:38 친우와 오르골 감상이라 He's listening to a music box with his friend.
8:40 퍽 간지럽네 How awkward.
8:55 마음에 드시오? Do you like it?
8:58 (애신) 흥겨울 줄 알았소 I thought it'd be a merry tune,
9:00 이리 슬픈 곡일 줄은 but it's heartbreakingly sad.
9:05 사연이 있소? Is there a story behind it?
9:12 처음 미국에 도착했을 때 When I first arrived in America,
9:14 (유진) 말은 낯설고 길은 무섭고 I didn't know the language the streets were
terrifying.

9:18 배는 고프고 I was starving,
9:20 (유진) 너무 추워 손은 얼고 맞은 곳은 아팠는
데
my hands were frozen from the cold, and I
was beaten up and in pain.
9:33 (유진) 이 노래가 들렸소 That's when I heard this song.
9:44 많이 울었던 것 같소 I cried my eyes out.
9:47 조선에 와서도 Did you listen to it often
9:49 자주 들었소? after you came back here?
9:52 한동안은 아니었는데 No, not for a while.
9:56 최근에 다시 들었소 But I recently got the chance to.
9:58 또 아팠소? 나 말고 -Were you hurt again? -Not me,
10:02 누가 다쳤대서 but I heard someone was injured.
10:06 겁이 나서 It scared me.
10:09 내 걱정을 한 게요? Were you worried about me?
10:10 구동매가 그날 제물포에서 It seemed like Gu Dong-mae recognized you
10:13 귀하를 알아본 듯하던데 at Jemulpo that day.
10:16 알고 있소 That's right.
10:19 구동매는 그날 That day,
10:21 날 알아보고 쐈소 he took the shot after recognizing me.
10:24 (애신) 다음 날 새벽 기차역에서 내가 맞는지
확인까지 했고
He confirmed that it was me the next morning
at the train station.
10:29 (애신) 비키게, 죽여 버리기 전에 Step aside before I kill you.
10:31 (동매) 그건 제가 더 빠르지 않겠습니까, 애기
씨
Wouldn't I be a bit quicker, my lady?
10:34 아닌 것 같은데 I don't think so.
10:36 (애신) 난 해도 Although I can do it,
10:38 자넨 못 할 듯싶은데 I don't think you can.
10:43 (유죠) [일본어] 대장 하야시 공사에게서 제물
포 건으로 전갈이 왔습니다
Boss, Minister Hayashi sent a message
regarding what happened at Jemulpo.
10:47 결과가 궁금한 모양인데 He's curious about the result.
10:50 현장에 있던 놈들은 다 놓쳤고 But we lost track of everyone at the scene.
10:54 어찌할까요? What should we do?
10:55 다 안 놓쳤어 Not everyone.
10:58 한 놈의 얼굴을 봤거든 I saw the face of one of them.
11:00 (애신) [한국어] 그자가 날 해치고자 했다면 If he wanted to hurt me,
11:03 그때가 가장 적절했을 거요 it would've been the perfect moment.
11:06 근데 그러지 않았소 But he didn't.
11:09 아마 앞으로 그러지 않을 것이고 And I think he never will.
11:13 그자를 믿는 거요? Do you trust him?
11:18 어려서 I saved him once

11:20 그자를 한 번 구해 준 적이 있소 when we were both young.
11:24 (애신) 한데 그자는 내가 선의로 내민 손을 When I offered him a hand out of good
intentions...
11:29 (어린 동매) 호강에 겨운 양반 계집 You're just a noble fool who lives in luxury.
11:31 짐승처럼 할퀴었소 ...he bit it like a wild animal.
11:36 그때 그렇게 할퀴었으니 Since he did so back then,
11:39 그자도 나를 한 번은 구하지 않겠소? I'm sure that he will spare my life at least
once.
11:42 그게 믿는 거요 Do you trust him?
11:44 굳이 답하자면 If I must answer...
11:45 그런 것 같소 I think I do.
11:47 굳이 답하라고 안 했는데 I didn't say you should answer.
11:52 (애신) 하나 분명한 건 One thing is for certain.
11:54 내가 이리 양복 입은 사내일 때 그자를 다시 만
난다면
If I encounter him once again while dressed
like this...
11:58 그땐 Then,
11:59 내가 먼저 그자를 쏠 것이오 I will be the first one to open fire.
12:04 (애신) 하니 걱정 마시오 So don't you worry.
12:07 그러려면 이것이 필요하오 I will be needing this in order to do so.
12:10 가져가겠소 I'm taking it back.
12:11 (유진) 안 하면 될 거 아니오? But you don't have to do it.
12:14 양복 입는 일을 Putting on the suit, I mean.
12:19 조선은 점점 더 위태해져 갈 거요 Joseon will become more and more volatile.
12:23 귀하는 점점 더 위험해질 거고 You will be in more danger.
12:28 (애신) '주목받지 마라' "Do not draw attention.
12:30 '당분간 움막에 오지 마라' Do not come by the hut.
12:33 '학당 공부 열심히 하지 마라' Do not study English so much."
12:36 왜 늘 하지 말라고만 You're always telling me not to do something.
12:39 하나쯤은 하라고 해 주면 안 되오? Can't you allow me to do at least one thing?
12:42 러브 하자고 했잖소 You said you wanted to love.
12:47 (애신) 깜빡했소 I forgot about that.
12:55 (유진) 수나 놓으며 꽃으로만 살아도 될 텐데 You could live your life in comfort, vibrant like
a flower.
13:00 내 기억 속 조선의 사대부 여인들은 In my memory, that's the kind of life
13:04 다들 그리 살던데 all noble women of Joseon resorted to.
13:09 나도 그렇소 I'm not much different.
13:12 나도 꽃으로 살고 있소 My life is also vibrant.
13:15 (애신) 다만 나는 불꽃이오 The only difference is that I wish to be a
flame.
13:19 거사에 나갈 때마다 생각하오 죽음의 무게에
대해
When I'm out in the field, I always think about
the weight of death.

13:24 그래서 정확히 쏘고 빨리 튀지 So I take my shot carefully and retreat quickly.
13:30 봐서 알 텐데 You've seen me do so.
13:36 양복을 입고 얼굴을 가리면 When we wear Western clothes and cover our
faces,
13:39 우리는 얼굴도, 이름도 없이 When we wear Western clothes and cover our
faces, we become faceless and nameless.
13:45 오직 의병이오 We become only of the Righteous Army.
13:49 그래서 우리는 서로가 꼭 필요하오 That is why we need one another.
13:52 할아버님께는 잔인하나 I know it's cruel to my grandfather,
13:57 그렇게 환하게 뜨거웠다가 지려 하오 but I wish to burn brightly and then wilt.
14:03 불꽃으로 Like a flame.
14:08 죽는 것은 두려우나 I do fear death,
14:10 난 but I
14:12 그리 선택했소 made up my mind.
14:17 (유진) 참 못됐습니다 She's quite cruel.
14:20 저는 저 여인의 뜨거움과 잔인함 사이 Where do I lie between her passion
14:23 어디쯤 있는 걸까요? and cruelty?
14:26 다 왔다고 생각했는데 더 가야 할지도 모르겠
습니다
I thought I was close, but I might have to go
even further.
14:32 불꽃 속으로 One more step
14:34 한 걸음 더 into the flame.
14:38 요셉 전 아주 Joseph, it seems like
14:41 크게 망한 것 같습니다 I'm in big trouble.
14:50 그만 가 봐야겠소 I should get going.
14:53 (유진) 303호가 아직 안 들어왔소 The man in Room 303 isn't back yet.
14:55 나가다가 마주칠지도 모르는데 You might bump into him on your way out.
14:57 303호가 누구요? Who's staying in Room 303?
15:01 귀하의 정혼자가 옆방에 묵소 Your fiancé is staying there.
15:04 아직 예서 묵고 있소? He's still staying here?
15:07 내가 더 자주 보는 거요? Am I more acquainted than you are?
15:11 그거 하나는 마음에 드네 I'm glad.
15:13 내 정혼자를 자주 보시오? To be acquainted with my fiancé?
15:15 내가 당신을 With you.
15:21 그 얘긴 다음에 We'll talk about that later
15:23 아주 긴 얘기요 since it'll take a while.
15:26 나는 이쪽으로 가겠소 I'll head out that way.
15:27 (유진) 여기 3층이오 (애신) 그럼 뒤를 부탁하오 -This is the third floor. -I'll leave the rest to
you.
15:53 (행인) 아, 뭐야, 이거? What's this?
15:57 여기 웬 동전이? Why is there a coin here?

16:53 (지게꾼) 어찌 이리 길을 막으시고 For what reason am I being stopped?
16:56 (동매) 제가 아는 분 같아서요, 나리 I believe I've seen you before, sir.
16:59 (동매) 지게꾼 벌이가 제법 되나 봅니다 You must earn quite a lot as an A-frame
coolie,
17:01 그 비싼 기차도 타시고 seeing how you can afford a train ride.
17:05 무슨 말씀이신지... I'm not sure what you mean.
17:06 (동매) 우리 봤을 텐데 제물포로 가는 기차 안
에서
I believe we met on the train bound to
Jemulpo
17:10 총질하던 항구에서도 and at the harbor too.
17:14 (동매) 거기서 나리 말고도 여럿 봤는데, 내가 You weren't the only one I saw.
17:21 사람을 잘못 보신 것 같은데 I think you're mistaking me for someone else.
17:27 (동매) 움직이면 다치니까 조심하십시오, 나리 Don't move or you'll hurt yourself, sir.
17:29 죽여! 얼른 죽여! Kill me. Kill me already!
17:31 (동매) 성격 급하시네 You're not very patient.
17:33 소인이 받은 돈이 있어서 일을 하긴 해야 하는
데
I already got paid, so I must do my job.
17:36 다 잡아들이자니 수지가 안 맞아서요, 나리 But hunting down every one of you wouldn't
be a very efficient method.
17:40 면피할 놈 딱 한 놈만 있으면 되거든 You see, all I need is just one person to take
the bullet for me.
17:45 그러니까 대답 잘하셔야 돼 So think carefully before you answer me.
17:48 다른 놈 불고 본인이 살 수도 있어요 Give me a name and I might let you live.
17:50 사설은 집어치우고 죽이라니까, 죽여! 그리되
겠지요
, 나리
-Stop the blabbering and just kill me! -You'll
get your wish,
17:56 한데 그건 제일 나중 순서라... but that comes at the very end.
17:59 그 전에 말입니다 Before anything though,
18:01 제가 정말 궁금해서 그러는데 I'm really curious about something.
18:06 대체 왜 하는 겁니까, 그 일 Why do you do it?
18:09 목숨 내놓고 살긴 이놈도 매한가지인데 I put my life on the line every day too,
18:12 그래도 살 궁리를 먼저 하지 죽자고 덤비진 않
아 봐서
but my life comes first before anything. I'd
never risk my life for what I do.
18:18 의병 Does the Righteous Army
18:20 그게 돈이 많이 됩니까? pay you well?
18:22 돈 되는 거면 나도 좀 하게 If it does, I want in.
18:25 너 같은 버러지가 뭘 알까마는 A piece of trash like you wouldn't understand,
18:27 [동매의 헛웃음] (지게꾼) 이게 내 유언이면 but if I am to die right now,
18:29 여기에라도 남겨 두려 하니 잘 들어라 these are my last words, so listen carefully.
18:32 아, 또 뭐, 버러지래 "A piece of trash"?
18:33 작금의 조선이 어떤 줄 아느냐 Are you aware of the current state Joseon is
in?
18:35 [무거운 음악] (지게꾼) 작금의 조선엔 조선의
것이 없다
Nothing in Joseon is ours now.

18:38 아라사는 압록강, 두만강의 삼림에 경원 광산,
종성 광산을 수탈해 갔다
Russia took Yalu River, the forests of Tumen
River, Gyeongwon and Jongseong Mines.
18:43 미국은 운산 광산에 수도, 전차, 전기, 경인선
을
!
America took Unsan Mine, our streetcar
system, electricity, and the Gyeongin Line.
18:47 일본은 직산 광산, 경부선, 경원선을! Japan took Jiksan Mine, the Gyeongbu and
Gyeongwon Lines.
18:49 영길리는 은산 광산 법국은 경의선을 수탈해
갔다
Britain took Eunsan Mine, and France stole
the Gyeongui Line from us.
18:53 그래서 하는 것이다 That is why I'm doing this.
18:55 이런 나라라도 빼앗기지 않으려고! I do not want to be robbed of this feeble
country.
19:03 나보다 나은 놈들이 그리 많습니까, 조선에 Are there that many people who are better
than me in Joseon?
19:06 헛일인 줄은 알았다만 I knew it'd be useless,
19:08 다른 이를 발고하면 살려 주겠다고 했지? but you said you'd let me live if I told you
another name.
19:11 하나 네놈은 내게 단 한 명의 이름도 듣지 못할
것이다
But you know what? I won't tell you a single
name.
19:20 미쳤어? Have you lost your mind?
19:22 들키면 튀고 잡히면 죽는다 "Run away if your cover is blown and die if
you get caught."
19:25 (지게꾼) 백번을 잡아 봐 나의 동지들 누구든
이리할 테니
Try catching a hundred of us. Any of my
comrades would do the same.
19:35 [일본어] 이 새끼 끌고 와 We're taking him with us.
19:43 (동매) 찾으시던 화월루 주인장입니다 Here's the owner of Hwawollu you've been
looking for, sir.
19:45 부산까지 도망쳐 He went all the way to Busan.
19:47 나가사키로 가는 배에 타려던 걸 잡아 왔습니
다
We caught him as he was getting on a ship to
Nagasaki.
19:50 (하야시) 의병 놈들은 어쩌고 What about those rats in the Righteous Army?
19:53 이 새끼를 잡아 와! Why did you bring this moron to me?
19:56 의병들이야 이미 육로로 다 달아나고 없지요 The Righteous Army already fled through land
routes.
19:59 (동매) 공사님의 잘못된 정보 덕에 Because of the incorrect information you gave
us,
20:02 우리 애들도 두엇 다쳤으니 a couple of my guys got injured as well,
20:05 이자로 퉁치시지요 so let's call it even, sir.
20:08 (화월루 주인) 대장, 내 헐값에 가게도 넘겨줬
는데
Sir, I even sold my business at a dirt cheap
price.
20:12 대체 왜 이러나? Why do this to me?
20:13 (동매) 애초에 당신이 고용했잖아 그 게이샤 You're the one who hired that geisha.
20:16 하면 책임을 져야지 You must take responsibility.
20:18 (화월루 주인) 저는 정말 몰랐습니다 I really had no idea.
20:20 천황 폐하께 맹세코 저도 당한 겁니다! I swear to His Imperial Majesty. I've been
fooled too.

20:23 (하야시) 닥쳐! Shut your mouth!
20:25 명줄 재촉하지 말고 Don't make me want to kill you.
20:28 하면 소인은 이만 I'll be off, then.
20:31 (화월루 주인) 살려 주십시오! 살려 주십시오,
공사님!
Please spare my life, sir. Please don't kill me,
sir.
20:39 [한국어] 살고 싶으면 If you want to live,
20:42 지금부터 힘차게 달려 도망치시는 겁니다 run away as fast as you can.
20:44 [긴장되는 음악] 가능하면 한성 땅에서 멀리 If you can, flee to somewhere far from
Hanseong.
20:49 우리 눈에만 띄진 않았을 겁니다 대체 무슨 꿍
꿍이야
?
-I'm certain that others saw you too. -What are
you up to?
20:53 지금 날 살려 주겠다는 거야? [동매가 칼을 챙
뺀다
]
Are you saying you will spare my life?
20:56 살려 주는 게 아니라 아직 안 죽이는 거야 Not exactly. I've simply decided not to kill you
just yet.
21:00 한성 바닥에서 숨소리라도 들리면 그땐 꼭 사
지를 찢어 버릴 거고
If I catch even a glimpse of you in Hanseong, I
will rip you to pieces.
21:07 그리 소원이시니 Since you wish to die.
21:33 (히나) 이상도 하지 How strange.
21:35 그 친우분은 들어오시는 건 보았는데 나가시는
걸 못 보았네
I saw that friend of his coming in, but I never
saw him leaving.
21:45 (동매) 나중에 올게, 마저 해 I'll come back another time. Finish your bath.
21:47 (히나) 들어와, 끝났어 Come in. I'm done.
21:55 (동매) 칼 쓰는 사내보다 상처가 더 많은 건 뭘
까
Why do you have more scars than a man who
brandishes a sword for a living?
21:58 (히나) 이 풍진 세상에 It was definitely not easy
22:01 일본에서 조선 계집으로 사는 게 뭐 쉬웠을까 to live in Japan as a Joseon girl in this
turbulent world.
22:12 어쩐 일이야? What brings you here?
22:14 기분이 좀 별로라 I'm feeling a little down today.
22:20 (동매) 의병 한 놈을 놔줬거든 I let a member of the Righteous Army go.
22:23 (히나) 놔줬다고? 왜? You let him go? Why?
22:27 (동매) 죽이면 Because I thought
22:29 의병들이 슬퍼할 것 같아서 that his comrades would be sad if I killed him.
22:32 올해 들은 말 중에 제일 웃기다 That is the funniest thing I've heard this year.
22:36 구동매 곧 총 맞겠네 살려 보내면 어떡해? Dong-mae, you'll be shot to death soon. You
shouldn't have let him go.
22:39 (동매) 보통 내 앞에 오면 Most people
22:41 불문곡직 무조건 살려 달라고부터 하거든 beg me to spare their lives,
22:45 근데 그자는 but that man
22:47 그냥 죽이래 told me to just kill him.
22:50 근데 그게 진짜인 거야 And he truly meant it.

22:52 거기서 이미 내가 졌더라고 I realized at that moment that I already lost.
22:55 이해가 가야 말이지 I couldn't wrap my head around it.
22:57 한낱 지게꾼이 나라에 목숨을 건다는 게 Why would a mere A-frame coolie risk his life
for this country?
23:02 (히나) 음, 칼로도 벨 수 없는 것들이 있지 There are things that even swords cannot
destroy.
23:07 의롭고 뜨거운 마음 같은 거 Such a passionate, righteous heart, for
example.
23:11 구동매 너무 크게 졌네 지금이라도 죽여 You certainly lost the fight, Dong-mae. You
can kill him now if you want.
23:17 (동매) 가라 그랬는데 어떻게 또 그래 How could I? I let him go.
23:20 한낱 낭인도 남아일언은 중천금이야 I may be a man of no importance, but I keep
my word.
23:25 (히나) 올해 들은 말 중에 두 번째로 웃기다 That is the second funniest thing I've heard
this year.
23:29 천하의 구동매가 You of all people...
23:32 대체 뭐에 목숨을 건 거지? What are you risking your life for?
23:44 난 목숨 안 걸어 I'd never risk my life for anything.
23:46 (동매) 목숨을 빼앗지 I take lives of others.
23:58 얼마나 잃으셨소? How much have you lost?
24:01 묻지 마시오 Don't ask.
24:03 한데 내가 아주 부자였던 기억이 But I do remember the days when I was very
rich,
24:06 희미하게 남아 있소 albeit faintly.
24:08 저런 Oh, no.
24:19 (희성) 저 인력거가 부인 것이었구려 So, that rickshaw was yours.
24:23 (애순) 뒤따라오던 인력거가 어딜 가나 했더
니
...
I wondered where the rickshaw behind mine
was headed.
24:40 (희성) 보통 이리 어색할 땐 통성명을 하던데 People usually introduce themselves when
they feel this awkward.
24:45 내 조부의 땅이 이렇게 전당포가 되었구려 My grandfather's land has been turned into
this pawnshop.
24:49 김희성이오 I'm Kim Hui-seong.
24:51 어찌 그러시오? What's wrong?
24:53 (애순) 고가 애순이오 I'm Go Ae-sun.
24:58 (희성) 처형? My future cousin-in-law?
25:00 (애순) 제부? Are we cousins-in-law?
25:18 (함안댁) 오셨습니까 (애순) 안 반가워, 안 반가
워
-Hello, my lady. -I'm not excited to see you.
25:24 야, 야, 야, 네 정혼자 Hey. Your fiancé...
25:28 노름하더라 He gambles.
25:30 (애신) 언니도 하시잖아요 So do you, Ae-sun.
25:32 언니는, 아씨라고 불러, 이년아! Call me "my lady" you wench.

25:35 아씨도 노름하시잖아요 You gamble too, my lady.
25:37 이게 한 마디를 안 지고 You always have to talk back, don't you?
25:39 (애순) 야, 네 정혼자 문전옥답 천 마지기 갑부
집안에
Hey, are you trying to boast about your
handsome fiancé
25:42 얼굴 좀 반반하다고 유세하는 거야? who is from a wealthy family that owns a ton
of land?
25:45 하이고, 그깟 재산 말아먹는 데 달포도 안 걸리
겠더라
Goodness, who cares if he's rich now? He can
easily lose all his money in a month.
25:49 전당은 또 얼마나 잡혔는지 눈 감고도 오더라,
야
He must have impawned a lot of things. He
frequents the pawnshop.
25:52 그리 잘 아시는 거 보니 It sounds like you know him very well.
25:54 노름판이며 전당포며 같이 계셨던 모양입니다 I suppose you met him at the gambling den as
well as the pawnshop.
26:00 큰어머니! -Aunt! -Hey, I'm leaving.
26:01 (애순) 아, 간다, 가, 가잖아 신발 신었다, 지금 -Aunt! -Hey, I'm leaving. I even have my
shoes on.
26:04 가다가 한마디 한 거야, 가다가 I just wanted to stop by to tell you that.
26:08 계집이 서책은 무슨 You're a girl. Why bother reading books?
26:10 [애순의 힘주는 신음] 패물이나 사 놔, 이년아! Just buy some jewelry.
26:22 [애신의 깊은 한숨] (함안댁) 아니, 옷을 비단으
로
She does not deserve to wear that silk dress.
26:24 빼입으면 뭐 합니까 값도 제대로 못 하고, 참말
로
She does not deserve to wear that silk dress.
What a waste of silk.
26:27 그, 죽은 누에만 불쌍하지 I feel bad for the silkworms that died for it.
26:29 [트림을 끅 하며] 어유, 소화 다 됐다, 진짜 My goodness.
26:31 [책을 바스락거리며] 아이고, 십년감수했네 Thank goodness she's gone.
26:36 (귀단) 아씨께서 가져다드리라고 하셔서요 Ms. Kudo asked me to bring this to you.
26:39 (유진) 아, 고맙소 Thank you.
26:41 (귀단) 식기 전에 드시고 그릇 주시어요 Please drink it before it gets cold and return
the bowl.
27:03 (유진) 고맙소 [유진이 그릇을 탁 놓는다] Thank you.
27:14 [한국어] 외출하시나 봅니다 I guess you're heading out.
27:17 전에 달아 뒀던 프리 드링크 오늘 마실까 하는
데
Your offer for a complimentary drink... I'd like
to have that drink today. Do you have time?
27:21 시간이 되시오? I'd like to have that drink today. Do you have
time?
27:22 키를 제대로 드리니 외려 찾아오시네요 I gave you the correct key, and you came to
me first.
27:26 (히나) 오르골은 잘 고쳐진 것 같더군요 It seems like you managed to get your music
box fixed.
27:29 친우분과 들으시던데 You listened to it with your friend.
27:32 소개해 준 대장장이 솜씨가 꽤 좋았소 The blacksmith you told me about was quite
good.
27:35 약은 잘 마시고 있소, 고맙소 I'm taking the herbal medicine too. Thank you.

27:37 별말씀을요, 제가 달이는 것도 아니고 Don't mention it. It's not like I decoct the herbs
myself.
27:41 호텔 사업을 한 지는 얼마나 됐소? How long have you been running this hotel?
27:43 (히나) 짓는 데 2년 문 연 지는 3년 되어 갑니다 It took two years to build, and it opened three
years ago.
27:47 일본에서는 고인이 된 남편 덕에 In Japan, I started learning about hotel
management at a young age
27:50 어려서부터 호텔 경영을 배웠고요 thanks to my late ex-husband.
27:52 조선에선 아녀자가 이런 사업을 하기가 거의
불가능한데
It is nearly impossible for a woman to run this
kind of business here in Joseon,
27:57 전 일본인 호적 덕을 보았지요 but I had an advantage because I'm legally
Japanese.
27:59 한데 그건 왜 궁금하십니까? But why do you ask?
28:03 (애신) 양복을 입고 얼굴을 가리면 When we wear Western clothes and cover our
faces,
28:06 우린 얼굴도, 이름도 없이 오직 의병이오 we become faceless and nameless. We
become only of the Righteous Army.
28:12 그래서 우리는 서로가 꼭 필요하오 That is why we need one another.
28:15 혹시 나랏일을 하나 해서 Do you work for the government?
28:17 저야 그저 장사꾼이지요 I'm just a businesswoman.
28:19 그저 장사꾼이 Why did a mere businesswoman
28:21 내게 역관을 쓰라는 키는 왜 준 거요? advise me to converse through an interpreter?
28:24 그자의 통변이 일본에 유리하던가요? Did he interpret your words in favor of Japan?
28:29 나를 통해 확인을 한 거요? Did you want to check it through me?
28:31 (히나) 글로리에는 정보가 많답니다 Here, I have access to abundance of
information.
28:33 저는 호기심이 많고요 And I'm a curious person.
28:34 그래서 어떤 선택을 하셨습니까? So? What kind of choice did you make?
28:40 그 많은 정보 중에 Does any of the information
28:43 혹시 내가 조만간 시체로 발견될 거란 정보도
있소
?
happen to be about how I may be found dead
in the near future?
28:48 그런 선택을 하셨나요? Is that the choice you've made?
28:52 (유진) 잘 모르겠소 I'm not sure.
28:56 나도 내 선택의 결과가 궁금할 뿐이오 I'm also curious about the outcome of my
choice.
29:27 (역관1) 아유, 대감이 어찌 여기... Lord Lee. What brings you here?
29:31 소인 분명... I was told to...
29:33 통변을 의뢰한 이를 만나러 왔겠지 You must be here to meet the person who
wanted to hire you as an interpreter.
29:37 사적으로 통변을 하고 있더구나 I heard that you take personal interpreting
jobs.
29:39 그저 소일거리로... (역관1) 용서하십시오, 대감 It's just a pastime to keep myself busy. Please
forgive me, my lord.
29:44 (정문) 용서를 구할 것이 그뿐만은 아닐 터인데 I am certain that is not the only thing you need
forgiveness for.

29:48 [긴장되는 음악] 예? -Pardon me? -Hence, it must accept help
29:50 (역관1) 일본을 비롯한 강국의 도움을 받아들
여야 한다는 것이
...
-Pardon me? -Hence, it must accept help from
Japan and other powerful nations.
29:53 폐하 앞에서 통변을 틀리게 하였더구나 You interpreted incorrectly in front of His
Majesty.
29:59 고의로 한 것이냐 타의로 한 것이냐 Was it of your own accord? Or did someone
put you up to it?
30:04 (역관1) 주, 주, 죽을죄를 지었습니다, 대감 I've committed a mortal sin, my lord.
30:07 고, 고, 고의라니요, 당치도 않습니다 How... How could it have been of my own
accord? Of course not, my lord.
30:12 그, 이완익 이완익 대감이 시킨 일입니다 It's Lee Wan-ik. Lord Lee Wan-ik ordered me
to do it.
30:21 궁에 출입하는 다른 역관들도 그러하냐? Are other interpreters at the palace like that
too?
30:25 (역관1) 그, 그, 그건 잘 모릅니다 그것까진 잘
모르고
That... That I do not know. I don't know at the
moment,
30:31 살려만 주신다면 제가 다 알아보고... but if you spare my life, I will find out--
30:33 됐다 There is no need.
30:36 내가 직접 알아볼 것이다 I will find out myself.
30:38 대, 대, 대, 대감 My lord.
31:00 어찌 그러시오? What's wrong?
31:03 이, 일이 일인지라 쪼까 변복이 필요헝께 I had to disguise myself given the situation.
31:07 깜짝 놀랐소 You startled me.
31:08 [일식의 어이없는 숨소리] (유진) 그리 차려입
으니 영락없이 닮아서
You look just like him dressed like that.
31:11 얼굴이 많이 상했구나 했소 I was wondering why he looked so weary
today.
31:14 뭣이 닮아, 어디가 닮아! Nonsense. I look nothing like him.
31:16 (일식) 어저께꺼정만 혀도 나가 얼굴이 참 고왔
는디
I looked very handsome and youthful until
yesterday.
31:24 좋은 일에는 남이요 궂은일에는 일가라 하더만 People turn to families and friends only in
times of difficulty.
31:27 궂은일은 나가 하는디 그리운 것은 애먼 쪽인
갑소
I guess you missed someone else when I'm
the one doing all the hard work.
31:30 그때 그냥 상자를 확 거시기 했어야 했어 I should've smashed that darn crate back
then.
31:33 애먼 쪽도 뭐 그리 맑은 일로 간 건 아니오 The person I'm missing also has some other
hard work to do.
31:39 부탁한 일은 어찌 됐소? So how did it go?
31:40 지난밤에 이정문 대감이 움직였소 Lord Lee Jeong-mun made a move last night.
31:55 (일식) 칼끝에 일말의 망설임도 없이 깔끔혔소 He did a clean job. In a single stroke and
without any hesitation.
32:00 내 선택의 결과가 그것인 모양이오 I suppose that is the outcome of my choice.
32:05 조만간 들르겠소 I'll visit again soon.
32:08 하면 전당 잡힌 것을... Then the thing at my shop should be...

32:12 다른 선택도 해 볼까 하여 I'm considering making a different choice.
32:25 (히나) 애기씨께서 이 시간에 어쩐 일이십니
까
?
Lady Ae-sin, what brings you here this early?
32:27 정혼자를 만나러 왔소 I am here to see my fiancé.
32:30 도련님은 아직 기침 전이신 모양입니다 I think he's still asleep.
32:33 곧 모닝 가배 드시러 내려오실 시간이긴 합니
다만
He should be coming down shortly to have his
morning coffee though.
32:37 하면 기다리겠소 어디서 기다리면 되오? Then I will wait for him. Where should I wait?
32:40 (히나) 초심자이시니 [잔잔한 음악이 흘러나온
다
] 가배당부터 시작하시는 게 좋습니다
Since you haven't tried it before, you should
add some sugar.
32:53 이 쓴 걸 왜 마시는 거요? Why drink something so bitter?
32:55 처음엔 쓴맛만 나던 것이 At first, you can only taste the bitterness,
32:57 어느 순간 시고 고소하고 달콤해지지요 but it starts to taste sour, sweet, and flavorful
before you even know it.
33:01 (히나) 심장을 뛰게 하고 잠 못 들게 하고 It makes your heart race and keeps you up at
night.
33:04 무엇보다 아주 비싸답니다 And most importantly, it's very expensive.
33:07 마치 헛된 희망 같달까요 It's kind of like vain hope.
33:09 하면 귀하는 헛된 희망을 파는 거요? Does that mean you sell vain hope?
33:13 그것도 비싸게 For a hefty price.
33:14 헛될수록 비싸고 달콤하지요 It is always the vain things that are expensive
and sweet.
33:17 (히나) 그 찰나의 희망에 사람들은 돈을 많이
쓴답니다
Such a momentary, fleeting illusion of hope
makes people spend money.
33:22 나라를 팔아 부자가 되겠다는 불순한 희망 The greedy hope of becoming wealthy by
selling one's country.
33:25 애를 쓰면 나라가 안 팔릴 거라는 안쓰러운 희
망
The pathetic hope that we can stop others
from selling our country.
33:29 정혼을 깰 수 있겠다는 And the wimpish hope
33:32 나약한 희망 그런 헛된 것들요 of calling off one's engagement. Things like
that.
33:35 여인이 빈관에 손수 발걸음을 그것도 대가 댁
애기씨께서
A young lady from a noble family came to this
hotel all by herself.
33:39 혼인이 물 흐르듯 흘러갈 것이면 없어도 되는
순서라
You wouldn't have had to if your wedding were
to happen as planned.
33:44 내게 관심이 아주 많은가 보오 You seem to have immense interest in me.
33:50 제가 쏟는 관심에 방해가 돼서요 Because you're in the way of what I'm actually
interested in.
33:58 (히나) 애기씨께서 이러시면 울어야 하나, 물어
야 하나
If you're going to be like this, shall I cry or
bite?
34:04 손수건을 받았으니 울게 되려나 Will I end up shedding tears because I
accepted the handkerchief?
34:12 꿈속이 내내 꽃밭이더니 No wonder why I dreamed of strolling in a field
of flowers.
34:19 Are you here to see me?

(희성) 날 보러 와 준 게요?
34:44 (희성) 당구라는 놀이요 This is called billiards.
34:46 배워 보겠소? 내가 가르쳐 주겠소 -Would you like to learn? I'll teach you. -I have
no time for this.
34:49 서양 사내들은 동무들끼리 이 놀이를 하오 Western men play this when they hang out
with friends.
34:52 꽤 재미있소 It's quite fun.
34:53 (애신) 미안하지만 거두절미하고 본론만 I'm sorry, but I'd like to get straight to the
point.
34:56 (희성) 이미 하셨소, 찾아온 것만으로도 You already got your message across by
coming here.
35:00 그대가 나를 먼저 찾아올 이유는 하나뿐이지
않소
?
There's only one reason you'd come all the
way here to see me.
35:03 정혼을 깨자는 얘기 To break off our engagement.
35:05 맞소 That's right.
35:07 온갖 추문에 시달렸단 얘기 기억하시오? I told you I suffered because of all sorts of
rumors. Do you remember?
35:12 (애신) 이미 잡힐 흉은 다 잡혔단 뜻이오 I have already been criticized and mortified.
35:15 내 평생 혼자 산들 문제없단 뜻이고 I'll have no problem even if I decide to live
alone for the rest of my life.
35:18 (희성) 집안끼리 맺은 약조요 But it's a promise between our families.
35:20 우리 둘이 깬다고 깨질 약조겠소? It won't be broken off even if the two of us
decide to do so.
35:23 시도라도 해 보잔 거요 But we should still try.
35:25 (애신) 나는 조부님께 말씀드려 보겠소 I will speak with my grandfather.
35:28 (희성) 혹 Do you...
35:30 다른 정인이 있소? have another man?
35:32 다른 정인이 있으면 What if I do?
35:35 그건 혼인을 깨는 방법이 되겠소? Will that be enough reason to call off our
engagement?
35:42 그럼 싸워야지, 누군진 몰라도 Then I'll have to fight regardless of who that
is.
35:47 물러설 이유가 전혀 없소 I have no reason to back off.
35:49 이건 전적으로 내가 유리한 싸움이라 I am certainly at an advantage.
35:51 그러지 마시오 Don't.
35:53 그러길 바란다면 If you don't want me to fight,
36:00 날 자극하지 마시오 do not provoke me.
36:04 내게 시간 낭비하지 말란 소리요 Don't waste your time on me.
36:07 (애신) 귀하에게도 꿈이 있을 것 아니오? You must -have a dream too. -No, I don't.
36:11 (애신) 사내로 태어나 대의가 없단 말이오? You're a man. Do you not have any
ambitions?
36:13 꼭 있어야 하오? Must I have one?
36:17 (희성) 관직에 나가는 건 질색이오 아침잠이 많
아서
I'd hate to work for the government. It's hard
for me to wake up in the morning.

36:20 항일을 하자니 몸이 고단할 것 같고 Joining the anti-Japan movement will be
physically taxing,
36:23 친일을 하자니 and becoming pro-Japanese
36:24 마음이 고단할 것 같고 will agonize my heart.
36:29 난 원체 무용한 것들을 좋아하오 I've always liked things that are considered
useless.
36:32 달, 별 The moon, the stars,
36:34 꽃, 바람 flowers, and the wind.
36:36 [살짝 웃으며] 웃음 Laughters...
36:40 농담 and jokes.
36:43 그런 것들 Things like that.
36:44 그렇게 흘러가는 대로 살다 멎는 곳에서 죽는
것이
I wish to just go with the flow and die
wherever my journey stops. I suppose I can
say that's my dream.
36:48 나의 꿈이라면 꿈이오 and die wherever my journey stops. I suppose
I can say that's my dream.
36:49 그럴 수 있을 것 같소 I understand.
36:52 (애신) 하나 나는 응원할 수 없소 However, I cannot root for you
36:56 서로 멎는 곳이 다를 듯하니 for our journeys will probably end in different
places.
37:02 이미 누구도 응원하지 않는 생이니 No one is rooting for me anyway,
37:08 괜찮소 so it's fine.
37:11 혼인을 할 수도 없고 정혼을 깰 수도 없으니 We can neither get married nor break off our
engagement,
37:15 (희성) 서로 다그치지 맙시다 so let's not be harsh on each other.
37:16 그냥 오늘은 Today,
37:18 그저 날 동무 정도로만 just think of me as a friend.
37:24 남겨 주면 안 되겠소? Can't you?
37:32 (애신) 어찌하는 거요? So how do you play this?
37:37 가르쳐 주시오 Teach me.
37:39 동무끼리 하는 거라며 You said this is what friends do.
37:43 8번 공은 언제 넣으라고? So when should you hit the eight ball?
37:46 마지막에 At the end.
37:52 (희성) 자, 이론은 다 됐소 All right, we've covered all the rules.
37:55 이제 그 막대기로 흰 공을 쳐서... Now, with that cue stick, hit this white ball...
38:03 이렇게 하는 게 맞소? Is that what I'm supposed to do?
38:06 (희성) 맞소 Yes, that's right.
38:10 계속 치시오 Keep going.
38:16 계속 나만 치면 그대는 무얼 한단 말이오? You want me to keep going? Then what will
you do?
38:25 (희성) 난 이걸 하오 I'll do this.
38:31 나이스! Nice.

38:58 (동매) 자리가 없어 앉는 것뿐입니다 I'm only joining because there's no other table.
39:02 환영하오 Welcome.
39:04 이리 만난 것도 간만인데 한잔 받으시오 Let me pour you one to celebrate our meeting.
39:07 (동매) 따로 드시지요 Pour your own.
39:10 (희성) 그럼 건배라도 Then how about a toast?
39:11 말 걸지 말걸 I shouldn't have spoken to you.
39:15 건배란 게 말이오 Clinking glasses
39:17 잔을 부딪치면 술과 술이 넘나들면서 causes the two drinks to swish and mix.
39:21 (희성) 당신을 죽일 독을 타지 않았다는 걸 확
인하는 일이라 하오
It's to prove that I didn't spike yours with any
poison.
39:27 그러니까 Exactly.
39:30 뭘 타고 싶소? Do you want to poison me?
39:37 하시는 일은 Your job.
39:40 잘돼 가시오? Is it going well?
39:41 내가 무슨 일을 하고 있는지는 아시고? Do you even know what I do?
39:44 자세히는 모르나 Not in detail,
39:47 사람을 잡거나 잡아서 패거나 but you catch people or beat them up.
39:51 [작은 목소리로] 죽이는 일을 하지 않소 Or kill them, don't you?
39:57 그렇다면 일이 잘 안 풀리는 듯합니다 In that case, I must say it's not going my way.
40:04 왜 그런 일을 선택한 거요? Why do you do that?
40:05 왜 아무 일도 선택하지 않는 거요? Why do you do nothing?
40:10 내 요즘 그 질문을 자주 받소 I've been getting that a lot.
40:13 고국에 돌아오니 내 그릇이 티가 나는 모양이
오
Now that I'm here, people seem to see what I
am.
40:21 (희성) 내가 무언가를 한다면 나는 아주 큰사람
이 될 거요
If I were to do something, I will become
someone very great.
40:29 그래서 이러오 That's why I do nothing.
40:31 독을 들고 다녀야 하나 Maybe I should carry poison with me.
40:38 (술집 주인) [일본어] 죄송합니다, 손님 I'm sorry, sir.
40:39 지금 자리가... There are no seats...
40:42 저기 자리가 있는 모양이오 Over there. There's an empty seat.
40:45 (술집 주인) 앉으시지요 Please, sir.
40:48 (유진) [한국어] 그날 당신 조부가 그랬지 That day, your grandfather said to me
40:50 (유진) '부모의 죄가 곧 자식의 죄다' that the child must bear its parents' sin too.
40:53 아홉 살짜리한테 I was only nine.
40:57 부모의 죄가 자식의 죄면 태중에 있었다고 해
서 뭐가 다르겠어
?
If a child must bear its parents' sin, a baby
inside its mother's womb should too.
41:01 (유진) 마셔도 되겠소? May I?
41:05 (희성) 늦었지만 환영하오 I know it's late, but welcome.
41:07 조선에 돌아온 거 Welcome back to Joseon.

41:09 가란 뜻으로 들리오 Sounds like you want me gone.
41:14 (동매) 두 분 사이에 또 무슨 일이 있나 봅니다 Something must've happened again between
you two.
41:17 궁금해 죽겠네 I'm dead curious.
41:19 (희성) 이미 있는 일로도 충분해서 We have more than enough going on.
41:22 (유진) 찾는다던 사내는 찾았소? Did you find the man you're looking for?
41:24 다리 저는 사내 The one with a limp?
41:33 (동매) 이걸 찾았다고 해야 하나 못 찾았다고
해야 하나
Should I say I found him or not?
41:37 난 한 놈 봤는데 I saw someone.
41:42 이완익이라는 자가 다리를 절던데 A man named Lee Wan-ik walks with a limp.
41:46 그자와 친밀했던 듯하고 You seemed to be close with him.
41:48 이완익 대감과는 결별한 지 오래입니다 I parted ways with him long ago.
41:51 그리고 내가 찾고 있는 건 젊은 놈이라 And the man I'm looking for is young.
41:56 (술집 주인) [일본어] 술이 금방 동이 나네요 You run out so fast.
41:58 세 분이 동무이신가 봅니다 You three must be friends.
41:59 (함께) 아니오 [술집 주인의 당황하는 신음] -No. -No.
42:01 (희성) [한국어] 우린 그저 우연히 합석한 We just happened to meet.
42:02 [일본어] 미국인인 조선인 An American-Joseon man,
42:04 일본인인 조선인 잘생긴 조선인 a Japanese-Joseon man, and a handsome
Joseon man.
42:06 그게 우리 사이요 That's what we are.
42:08 (술집 주인) 예, 예... I see, sir.
42:10 (희성) [한국어] 하면 잘생긴 조선인은 먼저 가
오
Well, the handsome Joseon man must leave.
42:14 나오지들 마시오 No need to see me off.
42:21 그쪽 다리 아닌데 It was the other leg.
42:29 뭘 알고 저러는 건지 Does he even know what he's doing?
42:31 알고 저러는 거요 저자는 늘 진심이라 He does. He's always straightforward.
42:34 이자도 아는 것 같은데 늘 진심이고 You seem to know too. You're straightforward.
42:37 안다니까, 이완익 I said I know Lee Wan-ik.
42:40 숨겨 주는 거요? Are you hiding him?
42:42 달리 추정이 안 돼서 I can't tell.
42:44 (동매) 그러시는 나리는 누굴 숨기시는데 이러
시는지
Who are you hiding then?
42:49 (유진) 나도 이완익을 숨기는 거요 I'm also hiding Lee Wan-ik.
42:52 다리 저는 놈은 이완익이어야지 He should be the one limping.
42:56 그렇게 결론이 나야지 That should be the conclusion.
43:01 우리 둘 다 For us both.
43:03 아니, 우리 셋 다 No, for all three of us.

43:17 [오르골에서 잔잔한 음이 흘러나온다] (유진)
마음에 드나 보오
You must like it.
43:20 가져가서 들어 보겠소? Would you like to borrow it?
43:23 그래도 되오? Can I do that?
43:25 빌려줄 테니 충분히 들으시고 I'll lend it to you. You can return it
43:28 나중에 돌려주시오 after you've heard enough.
43:30 하면 그간 아프지 마시오 Then don't get sick in the meantime.
44:12 (승구) 털옷이 필요하신 건 아닌 것 같고 I don't think you're here for fur clothes.
44:18 술값 잘 받았다는 인사가 없어서 You never thanked me for paying for the
drinks.
44:21 (유진) 일전에 술값은 충분히 받으신 것 같소? I believe I paid more than enough.
44:25 넉넉했소 It sufficed.
44:29 왜? 거슬러 받으러 온 게요? What? Are you here for your change?
44:32 이번엔 술값을 좀 보태 달라 해 볼까 싶어서 I was hoping to ask you to pay this time.
44:37 어쩐다? Sorry.
44:39 술 끊었는데, 방금 I just quit drinking.
44:41 (유진) 내가 본 술상이 마음에 들 겁니다 You'll like what I prepared.
44:44 외부대신 이세훈이오 Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lee Se-hun.
44:51 사연은 묻지 마시고 Don't ask for the story.
44:53 보태 주시겠소? Will you chip in?
45:00 어찌 이리 사람을 오라 가라 불러 대는 것이야? How dare he make me come and go?
45:03 내 경을 칠 것이야 He deserves a scolding.
45:05 어서 그자에게 안내하려무나 Take me to him.
45:07 영사 대리 그자 말이다 The acting consul.
45:09 (도미) 영사 대리 나리께서는 출타 중이십니다 The acting consul is out.
45:12 한데 뉘십니까? If I may ask, who are you?
45:17 (애신) 나를 몰라보고 노상에 이리 세워 두는
사내는
You're the second man to not recognize me
45:21 네가 두 번째구나 and keep me standing.
45:25 아, 나리! (도미) 나리 저기 오셨습니다 Sir! There he is.
45:47 (유진) 부른 기억이 없는데? I never called for you.
45:49 (애신) 머리를 좀 썼소 I got smart.
45:51 한밤중까지 기다리기엔 하루가 너무 길어서 I couldn't wait until tonight. The day was too
long.
45:55 뮤직 박스 돌려주러 온 거요? Are you here to return the music box?
45:58 아니오 No.
46:00 내 머리를 썼기 때문에 그 핑계는 아껴 놨소 I'm saving that excuse for another day.
46:03 (애신) 하니 내게 신세 진 거요 You owe me this time.
46:06 오해 마시오 내 허투루 온 것은 아니니 Don't get me wrong. I'm actually here for a
reason.
46:09 I came across something I don't know.

공부하다 모르는 게 있어서
46:12 이게 내 이름이오 This is my name.
46:17 맞소 That's correct.
46:19 (애신) 문제는 이건데 This was where I got stuck.
46:23 하, 이건 영어로 어찌 쓰는가 해서 I was wondering how to write this in English.
46:28 내 도통 모르겠어서 I just couldn't figure it out.
46:45 학당 공부 열심히 하지 말랬다고 I told you not to study too hard,
46:47 [애신의 수줍은 웃음] (유진) 아, 이 정도도 모르
면
...
but if you don't even know that...
46:52 그리고 이런 건 This is
46:54 스스로 해야지 something you should figure out yourself.
46:55 내가 도와주면 그게 또 무슨 의미가 있나 싶기
도 하고
something you should figure out yourself. It
wouldn't help at all if I were to give you the
answer.
47:01 아유, 이 쉬운 걸, 아... It's such an easy one.
47:07 (애신) 그만 가야겠소, 실례했구려 I should go. Sorry for the intrusion.
47:09 사발은 언제 또 필요할 것 같소? When will you need a new bowl?
47:13 그건 왜 묻소? Why do you ask?
47:17 (유진) 노꾼이 필요하지 않을까 싶어서 I thought you might need a wherryman.
47:25 초닷새 점심나절... Around lunchtime on the 5th.
47:29 (애신) 왜 답신을 안 한 거요? Why didn't you write back?
47:31 아직 못 읽었소 I haven't read it yet.
47:41 읽어 보시오 Read this.
47:44 (유진) 그, 스스로 공부를... I said you should study on your own...
47:48 혹시 글을... Can you not read?
48:06 [한국어] 내 영어는 출중한데 My English is excellent.
48:10 (애신) 그러니까 글을... So you can't--
48:11 (유진) 이게 신문, 신문이네 신문이나 읽어 볼
까
This is a newspaper. I should read this.
48:15 다 여기, 응? 다 영어로... It's in English.
48:17 배웅해 주겠소, 갑시다 I'll walk you out. Let's go.
48:47 (유진) 아, 저, 잠시... Just a moment.
48:51 그, 그때 내게 지어 준 약 말이오 The herbs you gave me last time.
48:54 그게 대체 무슨 약이오? What were they for?
48:56 아, 그 약요? Oh, that?
49:02 혹시 드셨어라? Did you take it?
49:05 아직 안 먹... Not yet...
49:09 왜 그러시오? -What's the matter? -The thing is,
49:10 (행랑아범) 아, 그것이 뜨거운 물에 푹 고아서
발을 푹 담그시면
-What's the matter? -The thing is, if you brew
it in hot water and put your feet in it,

49:14 피로가 확 풀리면서 썩은 물이 푹 나오는 그런
약재지라
it helps you relax and gets the toxins out of
your body.
49:18 몸에 있는 독소가 다 빠져 버린당께요 It gets rid of everything bad that's inside you.
49:26 절대 드시지 마쇼 Don't you ever drink it.
49:30 뭐, 배운 양반이니께 다 잘 알아서 안 마셨겄지
만서도
You're educated enough to know it's not for
ingestion.
49:36 살펴 가시오 Take care.
49:39 (행랑아범) 마시면... Don't drink it.
50:04 (역관2) 이보게들, 대체 무슨 일인가? What is going on?
50:06 왜 급히 모이라는 겐가? Why were we summoned so suddenly?
50:08 (역관3) 이보게, 아라사 글쎄, 미국이 변사체로
발견되었다네
Listen carefully, Russia. America was found
dead.
50:13 칼을 맞았다지 뭔가 He was stabbed.
50:15 (역관2) 그게 무슨 일인가? What do you mean?
50:17 칼을 맞다니, 미국이 왜? America was stabbed? Why?
50:20 (역관3) 난들 알겠는가 How would I know?
50:22 하, 이걸 어디다 보고를 해야 하나 Who should we report this to?
50:26 (역관4) 무슨 소리인가 Isn't it obvious?
50:27 당연히 외부대신 이세훈 대감께 보고를 해야지 We must tell Lord Lee Se-hun, the Minister of
Foreign Affairs.
50:29 (역관3) 그럼 불란서 자네는 그리 가시든가 Then you go to him, France.
50:32- (역관3) 우린 이쪽일세, 가세 - (역관5) 아이,
가세
-We'll go this way. -Let's go.
50:35 (역관4) 이, 이보, 이보게 Wait.
50:38 저자들이 대체 어딜 가는 게야? Where are they going?
50:45 (세훈) 어찌 혼자 온 것이야? Why are you alone?
50:47 내 다 모이라 이르지 않았느냐 I told you all to gather.
50:49 (역관4) 소인이 알아보았사온데 I asked around, my lord.
50:51 역관들이 죄다 이완익 대감 댁으로 몰려갔다
합니다요
The interpreters all went to Lee Wan-ik's.
50:54 뭐? What?
50:55 어찌 관직도 없는 그놈 집으로 몰려가 한낱 중
인 놈한테
But he's not even a government official. He's
middle-class.
50:59 저희도 다 중인입니다요, 대감마님 We're all middle-class, my lord.
51:01 (세훈) 그러니 말이다, 그러니! That's the problem.
51:02 중인 놈들끼리 뭘 해결하겠다고 What can a bunch of middle-class men solve?
51:05 네놈들도 뒈진 놈처럼 칼을 맞아 봐야 정신을
차릴 것이냐
Will you come to your senses after you're
stabbed yourselves?
51:10 아무래도 역관들 사이에서 도는 소문 때문인
듯싶습니다
I think it's because of the rumor circulating
among the interpreters.
51:15 (세훈) 소문이라니 무슨 소문? A rumor? What rumor?

51:18 (역관4) 하야시 공사가 대감에게 실망이 이만
저만이 아니라는 얘기가 돌면서
Word got out that Minister Hayashi is
displeased with you
51:22 대감께선 이제 끈 떨어진 연이라고 [긴장되는
음악
]
and that now you're like a kite with no string.
51:26 이등박문의 뒷배인 이완익 대감 쪽으로 줄을
서야 산다고요
That to survive, we must side with Lee Wan-ik
who's close to Ito Hirobumi.
51:31 무엇보다 소문에 대감께서 이완익 대감에게 Above all, rumor has it that Lee Wan-ik even
slapped you in the face.
51:35 뺨싸대기도 맞으셨다고 Lee Wan-ik even slapped you in the face.
51:37 (완익) 나의 인사요 That is my greeting.
52:11 (완익) 대감께서 내 집에 어쩐 일이시오? What brings you to my place?
52:14 아, 내 인사부터... A greeting is in order--
52:16 인사받았네 It's fine.
52:18 (세훈) 얼굴 봤으면 그게 인사지 There's no need for such formality.
52:20 암, 안 그런가 Wouldn't you agree?
52:32 (완익) 그래, 용건이 무스기요? So, what are you here about?
52:35 항간에 자네가 이등박문의 오른팔이란 소문이
돌더군
There's talk that you're Ito Hirobumi's right
hand man.
52:39 (완익) 그렇답니까? Is that so?
52:41 겸손이야말로 성인군자의 미덕이지 Humility is a virtue that every great man
should have.
52:49 (세훈) 해서 말일세 My point is...
52:55 왼팔은 내가 하겠네 I'll be his left hand.
52:58 이토 히로부미가 천민 출신인 건 아시오? Do you know that Ito's from the lowest social
class?
53:03 천민의 오른팔도 아니고 왼팔인데 일없겠소? You want to be the left hand of a low-class
man?
53:07 (세훈) 나라 꼴이 이런데 출신이 무슨 대수겠나 Who cares about hierarchy when our
country's a mess?
53:10 내 그간 자네에게 섭섭히 대한 것이 영 마음에
걸려
I was very bothered by how I mistreated you.
53:14 작은 선물 하나 갖고 왔네 I brought you a small present.
53:18 빈손인데? You brought nothing.
53:20 (세훈) 이년, 뭐 하고 섰느냐! 얼른 절 올리지 않
고
You wench. Don't just stand there. Come and
bow.
53:26 대감! My lord.
53:32 네 이놈! You fool.
53:34 절은 네놈이 해야지비 You should be the one to bow.
53:37 (완익) 절은 부탁하는 놈이 하는 기다 The man who asks for a favor should bow.
53:41 뭐 하는가 Don't just sit there.
53:42 어디 한번 해 보라, 절! Go on and bow.
53:59 궂은일이면 같이 가 드리고 I'll come along if it's a tough job.
54:01 여직 같이 오셨소 You've done enough.

54:04 (유진) 그간 나 때문에 충분히 위험했소 I put you in enough danger.
54:07 고마웠소 Thank you.
54:09 (호위병1) 물렀거라! 외부대신 이세훈 대감 행
차시다
!
Make way for Lee Se-hun, the Minister of
Foreign Affairs.
54:15 (세훈) 왜 이러는 것이야 What's the matter?
54:18 저런 미친놈을 보... Has he lost his mind?
54:19 [가마꾼들의 겁먹은 신음] 너는 그때 그... You... You're that man from...
54:26 이런 주리를 틀 놈들 돌아오지 못할까! I should have them beaten to death. Come
back here!
54:35 옳아 You must be the American who looks like a
Joseon man
54:37 네놈이 그 황군과 총질을 한 조선인 외양의 미
국인이란 그놈이구나
You must be the American who looks like a
Joseon man that shot the Japanese soldier.
54:42 나에 대해 아는 게 그게 다면 곤란한데 It's a great pity if that's all you know about me.
54:45 뭐라 지껄이는 것이냐 What are you talking about?
54:46 네놈 때문에 내가 어떤 꼴을 당했는데 Do you know what trouble you got me in?
54:48 그건 잊으시오 Forget about that.
54:50 지금부터 당할 거에 비하면 꽃길이었을 테니 Compared to what'll happen now, that was
nothing.
54:53 뭐가 어째? 혓바닥을 뽑아 버릴까 What did you say? I'll have your tongue pulled
out.
54:57 (세훈) 뭣들 하는 게야! 저놈을 당장 말에서 끌
어 내리지 않고
Don't just stand there. Get him off the horse.
55:02 나서지 마시오 Stay out of it.
55:04 당신들에겐 감정이 없소 I have nothing against you.
55:09 (세훈) 이런 정신 나간 놈들 You utter fools.
55:11 네놈들 달삯을 미군이 준다더냐 Are the Americans paying your wages?
55:14 내 이번 참에 양놈들에게 제대로 본을 보일 것
이니
I shall make use of this opportunity to show
those Americans who's in charge.
55:18 당장 저놈을 내 앞에 꿇려라! Get him on his knees before me!
55:42 (세훈) 네 이놈, 내가 누군지 아느냐 네놈이 이
러고도 살기를
...
You fool. Do you know who I am? Do you
have a death wish?
55:49 내 걱정은 됐으니까 네 걱정이나 해 Don't worry about me. You should worry about
yourself.
55:51 내가 오늘 널 죽일 거거든 I'm going to kill you today.
55:54 [힘겨운 목소리로] 네놈이 정녕 Have you really
55:57 미치지 않고서야 lost your mind?
56:00 미군이 An American
56:03 조선 땅에서 on Joseon soil
56:06 감히 조선의 외부대신을 죽이겠다고 겁박을 하
는 것이냐
dares to threaten to kill the Minister of Foreign
Affairs of Joseon?
56:10 넌 미군의 손에 죽지 않아 You won't die at the hands of an American.

56:12 넌 오늘 Today,
56:14 조선인의 손에 죽을 거야 you'll die at the hands of a Joseon man.
56:17 감히 조선 땅에서 어떤 놈이! Who would dare to do that?
56:19 네놈을 피해 My mother who jumped into a well
56:22 우물에 몸을 던진 내 어미야 to get away from you.
56:31 매 맞아 죽어 가던 My father
56:33 내 아비야 who was beaten to death.
56:36 죄인처럼 And me, a little boy who was a slave
56:39 조선을 도망쳤던 who ran away from Joseon
56:46 어린 노비야 as if he committed a sin.
56:57 설마 It can't be.
57:03 (세훈) 네... You...
57:06 네... You...
57:09 네가? You're...
57:15 제발 살려 줘 Please don't kill me.
57:22 제발 목숨만 Please spare my life.
57:23 으음, 빌지 마 No, don't beg.
57:26 여기서 죽이고 싶어지니까 It makes me want to kill you right here right
now.
57:28 네가 죽을 곳은 This is not
57:32 여기가 아니거든 where I'll be taking your life.
57:48 (세훈) 그 미친놈을 내가 아주 찢어 죽일 것이
다
I will shred that lunatic to pieces.
57:57 아니, 이게 다 어딜... Where did it all go?
57:59 계향이? Gye-hyang?
58:01 계향이 이년 어디 갔어! Gye-hyang, where are you?
58:03 내 금 My gold.
58:05 계향이 이년! Gye-hyang, you wench!
58:07 내 금! My gold!
58:31 여봐라! 폭도다 경무청을 불러라 Is anyone there? It's an attack! Call the Police
Bureau!
58:36 (하인1) 아유, 폭도요? 아니, 이게 대체 무슨 일
입니까요
?
An attack? What's going on?
58:40 묻지 말고 뛰란 말이다, 이 등신아! Don't ask questions and run!
58:45 이건 어떻게 쏘는 거야 How does this thing work?
58:53 (하인3) 아, 순심아, 순심아! Soon-sim. Soon-sim.
58:55 (하인1) 순심아 [하인2의 아파하는 신음] Soon-sim.
58:56 (하인3) 대, 대, 대감마님 이 아이가 총에 맞았
습니다요
My lord, you just shot her.
58:59 그년이 거기 서 있던 걸 나더러 어쩌란 게야! It was her fault for standing there!

59:03 (세훈) 뭣들 하고 섰어, 경무청을 부르라니까 Don't just stand there. Get the Police Bureau.
59:11 (세훈) 나머진 날 호위해라 날 에워싸서 지키란
말이다
The rest of you, surround me. Surround and
protect me!
59:16 경무청은 대체 언제 오는 거야 When will the bureau get here?
59:19 거기 너! 당장 다시 가서 고하거라, 당장! You. Report this immediately. Right now!
59:23 (하인1) 의원 먼저 다녀오겠습니다요 I'll go to a physician first.
59:25 이리 두면 죽습니다요! She'll die if I don't.
59:27 이런 육시랄 놈! You stupid fool!
59:29 네놈들부터 쏴 죽여 주랴! Shall I shoot you first?
59:37 (세훈) 내 팔! My arm!
59:43 의원을 불러라 Call a physician.
59:45 의원을 불러라! Call a physician!
59:59 (세훈) 드디어 왔군 Who's there?
1:00:17 (세훈) 대감께서 여긴 어쩐 일이시오? What brings you here?
1:00:22 (정문) 샅샅이 뒤져라 Search the house.
1:00:25 궤짝 하나, 화병 하나 놓치지 말고 뒤져라! Don't forget to check every chest and every
vase.
1:00:28 죄인 이세훈은 포박하여 꿇려라! Tie up Lee Se-hun and get him on his knees.
1:00:32 (순검들) 예! -Yes, sir. -Yes, sir.
1:00:35 (세훈) 이게 지금 무슨 짓이오? 미치셨소? What are you doing? Are you crazy?
1:00:39 이거 놓지 못할까! Let go of me.
1:00:41 내 이 나라 외부대신이오 I'm the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
1:00:43 놔라, 이놈들! 내 네놈들을 가만두지 않을 것이
야
!
Let me go! I'll make you all pay.
1:00:53 (유진) 일본도 러시아도 조선도 찾고 있는 그
예치 증서
The certificate of deposit that Japan, Russia,
and Joseon all want.
1:00:57 내가 찾게 해 주겠소 I'll give it to you.
1:01:01 (정문) 갑자기 찾아와서는 무슨 뚱딴지같은 소
리를
You showed up suddenly just to talk
nonsense?
1:01:04 네가 그걸 무슨 수로? How can you do that?
1:01:05 (유진) 그 예치 증서가 이세훈 대감 집에 있소 That certificate is at Lord Lee Se-hun's
residence.
1:01:11 네놈이 그걸 어찌 알아? How do you know that?
1:01:13 내가 가져다 놓을 거니까 Because I will put it there.
1:01:15 대체 그게 무슨... What do you mean?
1:01:16 원래 조선의 것을 조선에 돌려주겠단 소리요 It belongs to Joseon. I'm simply returning it.
1:01:20 (유진) 단 However,
1:01:22 내 방식으로 할 거요 I'll do it my way.
1:01:23 (정문) 지금 그 말을 나더러 믿으란 말인가? Do you expect me to believe you?
1:01:29 믿었던데 You believed me last time.
1:01:35 예치 증서가 이세훈의 집에서 발견되면 If you find the document at his residence,

1:01:38 그자는 어떻게 할 거요? what will happen to him?
1:01:43 (정문) 음도불궤죄, 역모다 Plotting high treason. Treason is the worst
crime a Joseon national can commit.
1:01:47 조선에서 가장 무거운 죄를 물어 Treason is the worst crime a Joseon national
can commit.
1:01:49 이세훈은 역적으로 죽을 것이다 Lee Se-hun will die a traitor.
1:01:53 마음에 드네 I like that.
1:01:55 그걸로 합시다 Let's go with that.
1:01:56 (세훈) 대체 왜 이러는 거요, 대감 Why are you doing this?
1:01:59 도적이 들었다고 경무청에 고한 게 나라니까! I'm the one who reported a theft!
1:02:04 (호위병3) 대감 My lord.
1:02:23 폐하께서 그토록 찾으시던 문건이 The document that His Majesty looked so
hard for.
1:02:28 어째서 네놈 집에 있는 것이냐? Why is it in your house?
1:02:32 나는 모르는 일이오 I don't know anything about this.
1:02:35 (세훈) 하늘에 맹세코 모르는 일이오 I swear I don't know.
1:02:37 도적이 들었다 했더냐? Did you say there was a thief?
1:02:41 조선의 것을 사사로이 훔쳤으니 You stole what belongs to Joseon.
1:02:45 네놈이 바로 도적이다 That makes you the thief.
1:02:46 아니오! No! I was framed.
1:02:48 (세훈) 모함이오, 보시오 No! I was framed. Look.
1:02:50 이렇게 총을 맞은 건 나라고, 나! I'm the one who was shot. Look!
1:02:53 (순검) 황제 폐하 납시오! Here comes His Majesty, the Emperor of
Korea.
1:03:08 폐하 Your Majesty.
1:03:13 폐하! Your Majesty!
1:03:22 (완익) 조선은 너희 것들을 버렸다 Joseon has abandoned you.
1:03:34 (승구) 내 나라 임금이 So that is
1:03:38 저리 생겼구나 what the king looks like.
1:03:45 (유진) 사연은 모르겠으나 I don't know your story,
1:03:47 오늘 밤 역적은 한 명이면 족할 듯한데 but I think one traitor is enough for tonight.
1:04:02 (정문) 이자의 집에서 발견된 것입니다 We found this in his house.
1:04:04 (세훈) 폐하 Your Majesty.
1:04:06 모함입니다 I was framed.
1:04:08 신은 그 문건을 본 적도 없사옵니다 I've never seen that document before.
1:04:12 누군가! Someone
1:04:14 신을 매도하려는 수작입니다 is trying to frame me.
1:04:18 속지 마시옵소서 Don't fall for it.
1:04:20 모함입니다, 폐하! I'm being set up, Your Majesty!
1:04:32 (고종) 역모다 This is treason.

1:04:35 역적 이세훈을 Lee Se-hun is a traitor.
1:04:39 죽여라 Kill him.
1:05:51 다친 게요? 어쩌다? Were you hurt? How?
1:05:55 이거 훈련 중에... It happened during training.
1:06:01 강이 얼었소 The river's frozen.
1:06:03 노꾼이 필요 없어졌소 You wouldn't need a wherryman.
1:06:07 대신 Instead,
1:06:09 나란히 걸을 수 있겠구려 we could walk side by side.
1:06:23 (애신) 간밤에 사대문 안이 시끄러웠던 모양이
오
There was a ruckus in the city last night.
1:06:26 저자에 사람이 많아 돌아오느라 조금 늦었소 The square was crowded and it took me a
while to take a detour.
1:06:30 (유진) 들었소 I heard.
1:06:32 외부대신 이세훈이 역모로 밝혀졌다고 Minister Lee Se-hun turned out to be a traitor.
1:06:37 혹 교류가 있던 양반이오? Is he someone you knew?
1:06:41 조선의 관료들은 잘 몰라서 I'm not familiar with officials of Joseon.
1:06:44 친일하던 자라 주시하고만 있었소 He was pro-Japanese, so I had my eyes on
him.
1:06:48 로건이 죽을 때도 그자가 함께였고 He was there when Logan died.
1:06:53 누구 하나 슬퍼하지 않는 죽음이오 No one mourns his death.
1:06:58 그, 위험하니 조심히 걸으시오 It's slippery. You should watch your step.
1:07:03 (애신) 그러셔야겠소 You really should.
1:07:04 (유진) 아니, 조선의 강은 유난히 미끄럽소 Joseon's rivers are very slippery.
1:07:07 미국의 허드슨강은 안 이런데 The Hudson isn't like this.
1:07:11 (애신) 미국에 아주 어릴 때 갔나 보오 글도 떼
기 전이니
Did you move to America when you were
young? Before you learned to read?
1:07:20 신기해서 It's fascinating.
1:07:22 조선에서 태어나 어찌 그 먼 땅까지 갔는지 How did you end up so far away from where
you were born?
1:07:31 듣고 싶소? Do you want to know?
1:07:34 궁금하오 I'm curious.
1:07:36 귀하의 긴 얘기가 About your long story.
1:07:48 아마 내 긴 이야기가 끝나면 When I'm done telling my long story,
1:07:52 우린 따로 떠나게 될 거요 we will have to part ways.
1:07:56 (애신) 어째서 그렇소? What makes you say that?
1:08:14 조선을 떠난 건 아홉 살 때였소 I left Joseon when I was nine.
1:08:20 그저 달렸소, 조선 밖으로 I just ran. Far away from Joseon.
1:08:26 조선에서 가장 먼 곳으로 The farthest I could get.
1:08:32 그런 내 앞에 파란 눈의 금발 머리 선교사가 Just then, a missionary with blonde hair and
blue eyes
1:08:36 구세주처럼 나타났소 showed up like my savior.

1:08:41 그의 도움으로 미국 군함에 숨어들었고 With his help, I sneaked into an American
warship.
1:08:46 한 열흘쯤 가면 되겠지 했는데 I thought it would take ten days.
1:08:50 한 달을 갔소 But it took a month.
1:08:55 한데 Why did a nine-year-old boy
1:08:57 아홉 살 아이가 무슨 연유로? Why did a nine-year-old boy have to leave?
1:09:08 '죽여라' "Kill him.
1:09:10 (유진) '재산이 축나는 건 아까우나' It may be a waste of my property,
1:09:13 '종놈들에게 좋은 본을 보이니 손해는 아닐 것
이다
'
but this will teach the other slaves a lesson,
so I guess it is not all a loss."
1:09:21 그게 내가 기억하는 That is
1:09:24 마지막 조선이오 my last memory of Joseon.
1:09:32 누가 그런 말을 했단 말이오? Who said such a thing?
1:09:34 상전이었던 양반이 Some noble man.
1:09:41 무엇에 놀란 거요? What was it that shocked you?
1:09:46 양반의 말에? What the noble man said?
1:09:50 아니면 Or was it
1:09:54 내 신분에? my origin?
1:10:02 맞소 That's right.
1:10:06 조선에서 난 When I was in Joseon,
1:10:10 노비였소 I was a slave.
1:10:17 귀하가 구하려는 조선에는 This country you're trying to protect.
1:10:22 누가 사는 거요? Who is it for?
1:10:27 백정은 살 수 있소? Is there a life for butchers?
1:10:33 노비는 살 수 있소? Is there a life for slaves?
1:11:52 (애신) 스승님 위에는 누가 계십니까? Who is the one that gives you orders?
1:11:55 (승구) 그자와의 인연도 그만 놓으셔야 합니다 Time has come for you to part ways with him.
1:11:59 (고종) 일본에 매수되지 않을 자 Someone who won't be bought off by the
Japanese.
1:12:01 제 잇속 때문에 일을 그르치지 않을 자 Someone who will not be blinded by selfish
interests. Had I learned the name of the
bastard who did this to me,
1:12:04 (완익) 그때 내 이리 만든 그 아새끼 이름 석 자
만 알아 놨어도
Had I learned the name of the bastard who
did this to me,
1:12:09 찢어 죽일 거인데 I'd have him ripped to pieces.
1:12:10 (희성) 어떤 이들이 날 알아보고 눈을 못 떼는
지 한번 볼까
I wonder who won't be able to take their eyes
off me.
1:12:15 (히나) 남보다 못한 사내 셋이 한방에 모였다라 Three men who are worse than strangers to
one another are gathered in one room.
1:12:20 (애신) 그랬지, 이방의 사내 That's right. A foreign man.
1:12:22 (유진) 어디든 조선이 아닌 곳으로 갑니다 Wherever it may be, it won't be Joseon.


Không có nhận xét nào: